There are schools offering civil engineering degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Civil Engineering Programs in Michigan
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Michigan receive civil engineering degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 582 civil engineers graduate from Michigan's 11 civil engineering schools.
Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a civil engineering program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 95 students graduated from Michigan State University's civil engineering program. Tuition at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a civil engineering program is Michigan Technological University. Michigan Technological University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Houghton. In 2010, Michigan Technological University graduated 133 students from its civil engineering program. Michigan Technological University charged in-state students $12,017 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a civil engineering program is University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, which is located in Ann Arbor. In 2010, it was ranked 47th nationwide. In 2010, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor graduated 122 students from its civil engineering programs. Tuition at University of Michigan-Ann Arbor was $11,837 per year.
Tuition at Michigan's civil engineering schools ranges from $30,660 per year to $2,330 per year. But, the average tuition is $11,496 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan civil engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Lawrence Technological University - located in Southfield, students are charged $24,633 per year
- Michigan Technological University - located in Houghton, students are charged $12,017 per year
The civil engineering schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Macomb Community College - located in Warren, students are charged $2,580 per year
- Alpena Community College - located in Alpena, students are charged $3,280 per year
A civil engineering degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of civil engineering graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a civil engineer. 5,740 civil engineers were working in Michigan in 2010. In Michigan, the largest numbers of civil engineers work in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 2,050 civil engineers
- Wayne County - 1,190 civil engineers
- Barry County - 500 civil engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of civil engineers in the state of Michigan will grow to 7,490. This would require a 20% growth in the profession.
On average, civil engineers earn $74,760 per year. However, Michigan civil engineers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $36,160 per year to more than $113,500 per year in 2010. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a civil engineer are:
- Jackson County - $84,750 per year
- Berrien County - $83,620 per year
- Ottawa County - $80,840 per year
On average, civil engineers earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Muskegon County - $58,020 per year
- Allegan County - $64,620 per year
- Saginaw County - $64,700 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in civil engineering. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Civil Engineering in Michigan
- Certificate in Civil Engineering in Michigan
Curious what studying Civil Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Civil Engineering Technicians||2,000||$47,950||-5.2%|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||1,650||$51,220||-39.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are civil engineering related jobs in Michigan