There are schools offering computer networking courses in Michigan!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Michigan
Approximately 0.3% of graduates in of Michigan receive computer networking degrees every year. That means an estimated 964 computer network administrators graduate from Michigan's 49 computer networking schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a computer networking program is Michigan Technological University, which is located in Houghton. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. In 2010, Michigan Technological University graduated 40 students from its computer networking program. Michigan Technological University charged in-state students $12,017 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a computer networking program is Michigan Career and Technical Institute. Michigan Career and Technical Institute, which was ranked 55th in the country in 2010, is located in Plainwell. 6 students graduated with degree in computer networking from Michigan Career and Technical Institute in 2010. Students at Michigan Career and Technical Institute paid $4,050 per year in tuition fees.
Career Quest Learning Centers Inc-Lansing, which is located in Lansing, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Career Quest Learning Centers Inc-Lansing graduated 30 students from its computer networking programs. Students at Career Quest Learning Centers Inc-Lansing paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Michigan's computer networking schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $2,028 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,102 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan computer networking schools had the highest tuition rates:
- ITT Technical Institute-Wyoming - located in Wyoming, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Troy - located in Troy, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Swartz Creek - located in Swartz Creek, students are charged $18,048 per year
The computer networking schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
A computer networking degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in Michigan go on to work as a computer network administrator. In 2010, there were 7,850 computer network administrators working in Michigan. In Michigan, the largest numbers of computer network administrators work in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 2,910 computer network administrators
- Wayne County - 1,180 computer network administrators
- Washtenaw County - 740 computer network administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 10,730 computer network administrators will be working in Michigan state. This would require the number of computer network administrators to grow by 17%.
A computer network administrator in Michigan earns $68,350 per year on average. On average a computer network administrator earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Washtenaw County - $82,950 per year
- Saginaw County - $74,210 per year
- Calhoun County - $72,250 per year
On average, computer network administrators earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Alger County - $53,030 per year
- Antrim County - $53,360 per year
- Alcona County - $54,200 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in computer networking. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Michigan
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Michigan
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||220||$63,440||4.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Michigan