There are schools offering computer programming courses in Michigan!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Michigan
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Michigan receive computer programming degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 431 computer programmers graduate from Michigan's 40 computer programming schools.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a computer programming program is University of Michigan-Dearborn, which is located in Dearborn. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, 23 students graduated from University of Michigan-Dearborn's computer programming program. The tuition rate at University of Michigan-Dearborn was $9,420 per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Troy, which is located in Troy, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. ITT Technical Institute-Troy charged in-state students $18,048 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a computer programming program is Siena Heights University. Siena Heights University, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Adrian. 3 students graduated with degree in computer programming from Siena Heights University in 2010. The tuition rate at Siena Heights University was $19,790 per year.
Tuition at Michigan's computer programming schools ranges from $19,790 per year to $2,088 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,863 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan computer programming schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Troy - located in Troy, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Swartz Creek - located in Swartz Creek, students are charged $18,048 per year
The following Michigan computer programming schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
A computer programming degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan computer programming graduates become computer programmers. In 2010, there were 10,160 computer programmers working in Michigan. The largest populations of Michigan computer programmers are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 4,220 computer programmers
- Wayne County - 1,750 computer programmers
- Washtenaw County - 1,130 computer programmers
The government projects that the number of computer programmers in Michigan will shrink by -8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 12,120 computer programmers working in Michigan.
A computer programmer in Michigan makes an average of $69,010 per year. On average a computer programmer earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Calhoun County - $78,930 per year
- Lapeer County - $72,960 per year
- Wayne County - $71,740 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Alger County - $50,850 per year
- Antrim County - $51,530 per year
- Berrien County - $53,480 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in computer programming and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Computer Programming in Michigan
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Michigan
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||220||$63,440||4.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Michigan