There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Michigan
Around 0.3% of Michigan's graduates graduate from dental assisting certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 764 dental assistants graduate from Michigan's 28 dental assistant schools.
Ross Medical Education Center-Brighton, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a dental assistant program. It is located in Brighton. In 2010, Ross Medical Education Center-Brighton graduated 49 students from its dental assistant program.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a dental assistant program is Everest Institute-Grand Rapids. Everest Institute-Grand Rapids, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Grand Rapids. 68 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from Everest Institute-Grand Rapids in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a dental assistant program is Everest Institute-Southfield, which is located in Southfield. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, Everest Institute-Southfield graduated 20 students from its dental assistant programs. Students at Everest Institute-Southfield paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Dental assistant schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $2,240 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $19,790 per year, or as little as $2,088 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan dental assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Baker College of Auburn Hills - located in Auburn Hills, students are charged $7,380 per year
- Baker College of Port Huron - located in Port Huron, students are charged $7,380 per year
The dental assistant schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Wayne County Community College District - located in Detroit, students are charged $2,164 per year
- Mott Community College - located in Flint, students are charged $2,602 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Michigan go on to work as a dental assistant. 9,350 dental assistants were working in Michigan in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan dental assistants:
- Lapeer County - 2,820 dental assistants
- Wayne County - 1,540 dental assistants
- Barry County - 980 dental assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 11,830 dental assistants will be working in Michigan state. This would require the number of dental assistants to grow by 23%.
A dental assistant in Michigan earns $33,460 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. dental assistants in Michigan had varying salaries from $19,190 to $53,490 per year in 2010. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for dental assistants:
- Washtenaw County - $37,540 per year
- Barry County - $37,120 per year
- Ottawa County - $36,790 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for dental assistants:
- Calhoun County - $28,890 per year
- Wayne County - $29,960 per year
- Alger County - $30,420 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental assisting in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Assisting in Michigan
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Michigan
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||1,860||$38,270||39.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Michigan