There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Michigan
Around 0.1% of Michigan's graduates graduate from dental hygiene degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 355 dental hygienists graduate from Michigan's 15 dental hygienist schools.
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a dental hygienist program is University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Ann Arbor. In 2010, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor graduated 37 students from its dental hygienist program. Tuition at University of Michigan-Ann Arbor was $11,837 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a dental hygienist program is Ferris State University. Ferris State University, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Big Rapids. In 2010, Ferris State University graduated 56 students from its dental hygienist program. The tuition rate at Ferris State University was $9,930 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a dental hygienist program is University of Detroit Mercy. University of Detroit Mercy, which was ranked 73rd in the country in 2010, is located in Detroit. In 2010, University of Detroit Mercy graduated 30 students from its dental hygienist programs. Students at University of Detroit Mercy paid $30,660 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's dental hygienist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,323 per year, though tuition can range from $30,660 per year to $2,106 per year. In 2010, the dental hygienist schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $11,837 per year
The dental hygienist schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Wayne County Community College District - located in Detroit, students are charged $2,164 per year
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental hygienist school in Michigan go on to work as a dental hygienist. In 2010, there were 8,570 dental hygienists working in Michigan. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan dental hygienists:
- Lapeer County - 2,700 dental hygienists
- Wayne County - 1,190 dental hygienists
- Barry County - 890 dental hygienists
The government projects that the number of dental hygienists in Michigan will grow by 23%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 10,900 dental hygienists working in Michigan.
On average, dental hygienists earn $59,200 per year. In 2010, however, some Michigan dental hygienists earned as little as less than $28,800 per year or as much as more than $91,430 per year. A dental hygienist in the following Michigan counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Washtenaw County - $63,570 per year
- Wayne County - $62,970 per year
- Antrim County - $62,320 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for dental hygienists:
- Barry County - $53,500 per year
- Genesee County - $53,790 per year
- Alger County - $54,320 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Michigan
- Certificate in Dental Hygiene in Michigan
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Michigan