There are schools offering electrical engineering degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Electrical Engineering Programs in Michigan
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Michigan graduates receive degrees in electrical engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 494 electrical engineers graduate from Michigan's 36 electrical engineering schools.
Michigan Technological University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Houghton. 11 students graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from Michigan Technological University in 2010. Michigan Technological University charged in-state students $12,017 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a electrical engineering program is Andrews University, which is located in Berrien Springs. In 2010, it was ranked 37th nationwide. Students at Andrews University paid $22,242 per year in tuition fees.
Eastern Michigan University, which was ranked 37th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a electrical engineering program. It is located in Ypsilanti. In 2010, Eastern Michigan University graduated 15 students from its electrical engineering programs. Students at Eastern Michigan University paid $8,378 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Michigan's electrical engineering schools ranges from $24,633 per year to $2,104 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,792 per year. The Michigan electrical engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Lawrence Technological University - located in Southfield, students are charged $24,633 per year
- Andrews University - located in Berrien Springs, students are charged $22,242 per year
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
The electrical engineering schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Wayne County Community College District - located in Detroit, students are charged $2,164 per year
An electrical engineering degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from electrical engineering school in Michigan go on to work as an electrical engineer. In 2010, there were 4,430 electrical engineers working in Michigan. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan electrical engineers:
- Lapeer County - 1,770 electrical engineers
- Wayne County - 840 electrical engineers
- Jackson County - 270 electrical engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of electrical engineers is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,770 electrical engineers working in the Michigan then.
An electrical engineer in Michigan makes an average of $80,690 per year. But, salaries for electrical engineers can vary. In 2010, electrical engineers made as little as less than $44,950 per year or as much as more than $130,650 per year in Michigan. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for electrical engineers:
- Monroe County - $88,600 per year
- Lapeer County - $86,320 per year
- Berrien County - $84,230 per year
On average, electrical engineers earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Ottawa County - $65,040 per year
- Clinton County - $66,100 per year
- Saginaw County - $66,870 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in electrical engineering and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as electrical engineering or civil engineering.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering in Michigan
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering in Michigan
Curious what studying Electrical Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||4,930||$52,600||28.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrical engineering related jobs in Michigan