There are schools offering EMT training in Michigan!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Michigan
Around 0.1% of Michigan's graduates graduate from emergency medical training certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 334 emergency medical technicians graduate from Michigan's 24 EMT schools each year.
Gogebic Community College, which is located in Ironwood, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a EMT program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a certificate in EMT from Gogebic Community College in 2010. Gogebic Community College charged in-state students $3,340 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a EMT program is Siena Heights University. Siena Heights University, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Adrian. In 2010, 3 students graduated from Siena Heights University EMT program. Students at Siena Heights University paid $19,790 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a EMT program is Lake Superior State University, which is located in Sault Sainte Marie. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Lake Superior State University EMT program. Lake Superior State University charged in-state students $8,764 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Michigan's EMT schools ranges from $19,790 per year to $2,028 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,149 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan EMT schools were charged at the following schools:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Lake Superior State University - located in Sault Sainte Marie, students are charged $8,764 per year
- Baker College of Clinton Township - located in Clinton Township, students are charged $7,380 per year
The following Michigan EMT schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
An EMT certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from EMT school in Michigan go on to work as an emergency medical technician. In 2010, there were 7,320 emergency medical technicians working in Michigan. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of emergency medical technicians are:
- Lapeer County - 1,660 emergency medical technicians
- Wayne County - 1,300 emergency medical technicians
- Allegan County - 920 emergency medical technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of emergency medical technicians is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,160 emergency medical technicians working in the Michigan then.
An emergency medical technician in Michigan makes an average of $30,430 per year. But, salaries for emergency medical technicians can vary. In 2010, emergency medical technicians made as little as less than $16,050 per year or as much as more than $48,070 per year in Michigan. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for an emergency medical technician are:
- Calhoun County - $36,470 per year
- Berrien County - $32,630 per year
- Kalamazoo County - $31,910 per year
The Michigan counties with the lowest average salary for emergency medical technicians are:
- Genesee County - $25,830 per year
- Alcona County - $26,390 per year
- Allegan County - $28,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in emergency medical training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Michigan
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Michigan
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||7,320||$30,430||9.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Michigan