There are schools offering fashion merchandising degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Fashion Merchandising Programs in Michigan
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Michigan receive fashion merchandising degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 118 fashion merchandisers graduate from Michigan's 7 fashion merchandising schools.
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a fashion merchandising program is Central Michigan University. Central Michigan University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Mount Pleasant. 41 students graduated with a degree in fashion merchandising from Central Michigan University in 2010. Tuition at Central Michigan University was $9,688 per year.
Eastern Michigan University, which is located in Ypsilanti, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a fashion merchandising program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Eastern Michigan University graduated 31 students from its fashion merchandising program. Eastern Michigan University charged in-state students $8,378 in tuition fees per year.
Northwood University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a fashion merchandising program. It is located in Midland. In 2010, Northwood University graduated 31 students from its fashion merchandising programs. Tuition at Northwood University was $19,272 per year.
Tuition at Michigan's fashion merchandising schools ranges from $19,272 per year to $2,330 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,358 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan fashion merchandising schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Northwood University - located in Midland, students are charged $19,272 per year
- The Art Institute of Michigan - located in Novi, students are charged $17,388 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology - located in Troy, students are charged $12,825 per year
The fashion merchandising schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Grand Rapids Community College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $2,628 per year
- Eastern Michigan University - located in Ypsilanti, students are charged $8,378 per year
A fashion merchandising degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from fashion merchandising school in Michigan go on to work as a fashion merchandiser. Michigan had 2,080 fashion merchandisers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan fashion merchandisers:
- Lapeer County - 630 fashion merchandisers
- Wayne County - 370 fashion merchandisers
- Barry County - 250 fashion merchandisers
The government projects that the number of fashion merchandisers in Michigan will shrink by -2%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,330 fashion merchandisers working in Michigan.
A fashion merchandiser in Michigan makes an average of $90,870 per year. However, this number is only an average. fashion merchandisers in Michigan had varying salaries from $26,940 to $157,220 per year in 2010. On average a fashion merchandiser earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Lapeer County - $95,690 per year
- Berrien County - $94,600 per year
- Wayne County - $93,950 per year
On average, fashion merchandisers earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Antrim County - $73,070 per year
- Clinton County - $73,270 per year
- Alger County - $73,650 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in fashion merchandising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Michigan
- Certificate in Fashion Merchandising in Michigan
Curious what studying Fashion Merchandising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers||28,130||$49,420||-20.8%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||10,870||$63,460||-9.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion merchandising related jobs in Michigan