There are schools offering fashion programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Fashion Programs in Michigan
Michigan State University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a fashion program. It is located in East Lansing. 43 students graduated with a degree in fashion from Michigan State University in 2010. Michigan State University charged in-state students $11,152 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a fashion program is Central Michigan University, which is located in Mount Pleasant. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. 41 students graduated with degree in fashion from Central Michigan University in 2010. Central Michigan University charged in-state students $9,688 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a fashion program is Eastern Michigan University, which is located in Ypsilanti. In 2010, it was ranked 38th nationwide. In 2010, Eastern Michigan University graduated 31 students from its fashion programs. Students at Eastern Michigan University paid $8,378 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's fashion schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $10,458 per year, though tuition can range from $19,272 per year to $2,330 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan fashion schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Northwood University - located in Midland, students are charged $19,272 per year
- The Art Institute of Michigan - located in Novi, students are charged $17,388 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology - located in Troy, students are charged $12,825 per year
The fashion schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Grand Rapids Community College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $2,628 per year
- Eastern Michigan University - located in Ypsilanti, students are charged $8,378 per year
A fashion degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Many Michigan fashion graduates become a marketing manager, merchadiser, fashion magazine editor, photographer, and sales associate. 136,010 fashion professionals were working in Michigan in 2010. Of these, 40 were models. In addition, 3,160 were marketing managers, and 1,670 were merchadisers. The largest populations of Michigan fashion professional are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 40,470 fashion professionals
- Wayne County - 20,050 fashion professionals
- Barry County - 11,360 fashion professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of fashion professionals in the state of Michigan will grow to 175,470. This would require a 3% growth in the field.
On average, fashion professionals earn a salary of $43,976 per year in Michigan state. But, salaries for fashion professional can vary. In 2010, fashion professional made as little as less than $15,910 per year or as much as more than $164,690 per year in Michigan. Fashion professionals in the following Michigan counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Calhoun County - $77,125 per year
- Berrien County - $58,497 per year
- Washtenaw County - $57,864 per year
On average, fashion professionals earn the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Jackson County - $22,590 per year
- Monroe County - $25,440 per year
- Bay County - $25,700 per year
The fashion professionals with highest average salaries in Michigan were:
- Marketing Manager - $105,440 per year
- Merchadiser - $51,220 per year
- Fashion Magazine Editor - $46,100 per year
On average, the lowest paid fashion professionals in Michigan were:
- Sales Associate - $25,320 per year
- Knitter - $23,400 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in fashion. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Fashion in Michigan
- Certificate in Fashion in Michigan
Curious what studying Fashion gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||1,670||$51,220||-61.6%|
|Textile Knitting and Weaving Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders||40||$23,400||-69.2%|
|Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers||40||$32,410||-73.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion related jobs in Michigan