There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a forensic nursing program is Michigan State University. Michigan State University, which was ranked 16th in the country in 2010, is located in East Lansing. In 2010, 236 students graduated from Michigan State University's forensic nursing program. Students at Michigan State University paid $11,152 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a forensic nursing program is Grand Valley State University. Grand Valley State University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Allendale. In 2010, Grand Valley State University graduated 253 students from its forensic nursing program. Students at Grand Valley State University paid $9,088 per year in tuition fees.
Andrews University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Berrien Springs. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Andrews University forensic nursing program. Tuition at Andrews University was $22,242 per year.
Tuition at Michigan's forensic nursing schools ranges from $30,660 per year to $2,028 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,565 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan forensic nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Hope College - located in Holland, students are charged $26,510 per year
- Calvin College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $24,870 per year
The forensic nursing schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan forensic nursing graduates become forensic nurses. In 2010, there were 1,790 forensic nurses working in Michigan. The largest populations of Michigan forensic nurses are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 270 forensic nurses
- Alger County - 180 forensic nurses
- Allegan County - 150 forensic nurses
The government projects that by 2018, the number of forensic nurses in the state of Michigan will grow to 1,990. This would require a 8% growth in the profession.
On average, a forensic nurse earns a salary of $75,900 per year in Michigan state. However, this number is only an average. forensic nurses in Michigan had varying salaries from $26,120 to $124,200 per year in 2010. On average a forensic nurse earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Antrim County - $189,610 per year
- Allegan County - $127,020 per year
- Washtenaw County - $83,260 per year
On average, forensic nurses earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Saginaw County - $55,960 per year
- Clinton County - $56,390 per year
- Alger County - $67,580 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Forensic Nursing in Michigan
- Certificate in Forensic Nursing in Michigan
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||9,860||$85,980||31.1%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||1,790||$75,900||-27.8%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||220||$63,440||4.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Michigan