There are schools offering graphic design degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in Michigan
Around 0.2% of Michigan's graduates graduate from graphic design degree programs every year. That means an estimated 587 graphic designers graduate from Michigan's 28 graphic design schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a graphic design program is Central Michigan University. Central Michigan University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Mount Pleasant. In 2010, 27 students graduated from Central Michigan University's graphic design program. Tuition at Central Michigan University was $9,688 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a graphic design program is Andrews University. Andrews University, which was ranked 37th in the country in 2010, is located in Berrien Springs. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Andrews University graphic design program. Students at Andrews University paid $22,242 per year in tuition fees.
Madonna University, which was ranked 37th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a graphic design program. It is located in Livonia. 11 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Madonna University in 2010. Madonna University charged in-state students $13,840 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan graphic design school, average tuition will be $6,967 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,028 per year to $31,275 per year. The Michigan graphic design schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- College for Creative Studies - located in Detroit, students are charged $31,275 per year
- Andrews University - located in Berrien Springs, students are charged $22,242 per year
- The Art Institute of Michigan - located in Novi, students are charged $17,388 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
A graphic design degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a graphic designer. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in Michigan, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,850 Michigan graphic designers as of 2010. In Michigan, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 1,450 graphic designers
- Wayne County - 800 graphic designers
- Barry County - 670 graphic designers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,820 graphic designers will be working in Michigan state. This would require the number of graphic designers to grow by 8%.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $42,220 per year in Michigan state. However, this number is only an average. graphic designers in Michigan had varying salaries from $16,100 to $74,060 per year in 2010. On average a graphic designer earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Lapeer County - $48,970 per year
- Clinton County - $44,000 per year
- Washtenaw County - $41,740 per year
On average, graphic designers earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Alger County - $31,300 per year
- Allegan County - $33,200 per year
- Alcona County - $33,780 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in graphic design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in Michigan
- Certificate in Graphic Design in Michigan
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in Michigan