There are schools offering history degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering History Programs in Michigan
Michigan State University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a history program. It is located in East Lansing. 90 students graduated with a degree in history from Michigan State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
Kalamazoo College, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a history program. It is located in Kalamazoo. 13 students graduated with degree in history from Kalamazoo College in 2010. Students at Kalamazoo College paid $34,417 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Michigan with a history program is Michigan Technological University, which is located in Houghton. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. 1 students graduated with degree in history from Michigan Technological University in 2010. The tuition rate at Michigan Technological University was $12,017 per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan history school, average tuition will be $14,137 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,330 per year to $34,417 per year. In 2010, the history schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Kalamazoo College - located in Kalamazoo, students are charged $34,417 per year
- Albion College - located in Albion, students are charged $31,186 per year
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
The history schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Kellogg Community College - located in Battle Creek, students are charged $2,589 per year
- Grand Rapids Community College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $2,628 per year
A history degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of history graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a historian. In 2010, there were 40 historians working in Michigan. The largest populations of Michigan historians are working in the following counties:
On average, historians earn $62,150 per year.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in history and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as political science or history.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in History in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in History in Michigan
- Master's Degree in History in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in History in Michigan
Curious what studying History gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are history related jobs in Michigan