There are schools offering homeland security degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Homeland Security Programs in Michigan
Each year, roughly 0.0% of Michigan students graduate with degrees in homeland security. Thus, Michigan's 9 homeland security schools put out approximately 53 homeland security professionals each year.
Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a homeland security program. It received a ranking of 16th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Michigan State University graduated 13 students from its homeland security program. The tuition rate at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a homeland security program is Eastern Michigan University. Eastern Michigan University, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Ypsilanti. 10 students graduated with degree in homeland security from Eastern Michigan University in 2010. The tuition rate at Eastern Michigan University was $8,378 per year.
Madonna University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a homeland security program. It is located in Livonia. Tuition at Madonna University was $13,840 per year.
Homeland security schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $13,063 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,660 per year, or as little as $2,610 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan homeland security schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Madonna University - located in Livonia, students are charged $13,840 per year
The following Michigan homeland security schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Schoolcraft College - located in Livonia, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Baker College of Clinton Township - located in Clinton Township, students are charged $7,380 per year
- Eastern Michigan University - located in Ypsilanti, students are charged $8,378 per year
A homeland security degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Many Michigan homeland security graduates become a fbi special agent, security officer, radio electronics officer, and geospatial intelligence analyst. In 2010, there were 26,810 homeland security professional working in Michigan, including 2,610 transportation security officers, 1,840 fbi special agents, and 21,680 security officers. In Michigan, the largest numbers of homeland security professional work in the following counties:
- Wayne County - 7,740 homeland security professionals
- Lapeer County - 7,520 homeland security professionals
- Barry County - 2,030 homeland security professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of homeland security professionals in the state of Michigan will grow to 32,980. This would require a 7% growth in the field.
homeland security professionals in Michigan earn $54,982 per year on average. But, salaries for homeland security professional can vary. In 2010, homeland security professional made as little as less than $15,910 per year or as much as more than $144,540 per year in Michigan. Homeland security professionals in the following Michigan counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Wayne County - $63,050 per year
- Washtenaw County - $59,728 per year
- Genesee County - $53,900 per year
On average, homeland security professionals earn the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Bay County - $21,280 per year
- Alcona County - $22,140 per year
- Monroe County - $22,410 per year
The homeland security professionals with highest average salaries in Michigan were:
- Geospatial Intelligence Analyst - $85,870 per year
- Fbi Special Agent - $78,600 per year
- Radio Electronics Officer - $53,460 per year
On average, the lowest paid homeland security professionals in Michigan were:
- Transportation Security Officer - $31,400 per year
- Security Officer - $25,580 per year
For more data regarding a career in homeland security in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as crime scene investigation or homeland security, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Homeland Security in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Homeland Security in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Homeland Security in Michigan
Curious what studying Homeland Security gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Protective Service Workers, All Other||2,610||$31,400||-28.9%|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||1,840||$78,600||-8.9%|
|Physical Scientists, All Other||640||$85,870||33.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are homeland security related jobs in Michigan