There are schools offering industrial design programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Industrial Design Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a industrial design program is Western Michigan University, which is located in Kalamazoo. In 2010, it was ranked 66th nationwide. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Western Michigan University's industrial design program. Students at Western Michigan University paid $9,006 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a industrial design program is College for Creative Studies, which is located in Detroit. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. 59 students graduated with degree in industrial design from College for Creative Studies in 2010. Tuition at College for Creative Studies was $31,275 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a industrial design program is Northern Michigan University. Northern Michigan University, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Marquette. In 2010, Northern Michigan University graduated 1 students from its industrial design programs. Students at Northern Michigan University paid $7,864 per year in tuition fees.
Industrial design schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $9,054 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $31,275 per year, or as little as $2,589 per year. In 2010, the industrial design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- College for Creative Studies - located in Detroit, students are charged $31,275 per year
- Ferris State University - located in Big Rapids, students are charged $9,930 per year
- Western Michigan University - located in Kalamazoo, students are charged $9,006 per year
The industrial design schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Kellogg Community College - located in Battle Creek, students are charged $2,589 per year
- Kirtland Community College - located in Roscommon, students are charged $2,715 per year
- Northern Michigan University - located in Marquette, students are charged $7,864 per year
An industrial design degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of industrial design graduates in Michigan pursue careers as an industrial designer. If you decide to work as an industrial designer in Michigan, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,000 Michigan industrial designers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan industrial designers:
- Lapeer County - 2,180 industrial designers
- Allegan County - 250 industrial designers
- Berrien County - 110 industrial designers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,910 industrial designers will be working in Michigan state. This would require the number of industrial designers to grow by 3%.
An industrial designer in Michigan earns $72,000 per year on average. But, salaries for industrial designers can vary. In 2010, industrial designers made as little as less than $18,070 per year or as much as more than $152,120 per year in Michigan. On average an industrial designer earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Washtenaw County - $80,890 per year
- Lapeer County - $77,550 per year
- Barry County - $70,700 per year
An industrial designer in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Kalamazoo County - $31,780 per year
- Ottawa County - $51,850 per year
- Clinton County - $57,690 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in industrial design. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as graphic design or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Industrial Design in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Industrial Design in Michigan
Curious what studying Industrial Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||4,000||$72,000||-24.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are industrial design related jobs in Michigan