There are schools offering international business degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering International Business Programs in Michigan
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Michigan graduates receive degrees in international business. Thus, Michigan's 33 international business schools put out approximately 469 international business professionals each year.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a international business program is Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. 79 students graduated with a degree in international business from Michigan State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a international business program is Michigan Technological University. Michigan Technological University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Houghton. In 2010, Michigan Technological University graduated 0 students from its international business program. Students at Michigan Technological University paid $12,017 per year in tuition fees.
Grand Valley State University, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a international business program. It is located in Allendale. In 2010, 23 students graduated from Grand Valley State University international business program. Grand Valley State University charged in-state students $9,088 in tuition fees per year.
International business schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $12,446 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $31,186 per year, or as little as $2,088 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan international business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Albion College - located in Albion, students are charged $31,186 per year
- Alma College - located in Alma, students are charged $27,580 per year
- Hope College - located in Holland, students are charged $26,510 per year
The international business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
An international business degree from a Michigan school... what next?
international business graduates in Michigan can go into a variety of professions such as chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, international buyer, and wholesale buyer. If you decide to work as an international business professional in Michigan, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 70,830 Michigan international business professional as of 2010. This number includes 9,170 business analysts, 10,130 chief executive officers, and 36,840 operations managers. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of international business professional are:
- Lapeer County - 22,140 international business professionals
- Wayne County - 13,110 international business professionals
- Barry County - 7,020 international business professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of international business professionals in the state of Michigan will grow to 83,670. This would require a 0% decline in the field.
On average, international business professionals earn a salary of $91,177 per year in Michigan state. But, salaries for international business professional can vary. In 2010, international business professional made as little as less than $15,890 per year or as much as more than $166,280 per year in Michigan. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for international business professionals are:
- Berrien County - $104,310 per year
- Monroe County - $103,627 per year
- Washtenaw County - $101,972 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for international business professional:
- Alger County - $72,452 per year
- Antrim County - $73,068 per year
- Allegan County - $74,494 per year
The international business professionals with highest average salaries in Michigan were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $163,080 per year
- Operations Manager - $106,400 per year
- Business Professor - $98,460 per year
The international business professionals with lowest average salaries in Michigan were:
- Purchasing Agent - $63,460 per year
- Wholesale Buyer - $51,220 per year
For more data regarding a career in international business in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or supply chain management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in International Business in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in International Business in Michigan
- Master's Degree in International Business in Michigan
- Certificate in International Business in Michigan
Curious what studying International Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||36,840||$106,400||-8.8%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||10,870||$63,460||-9.1%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,900||$98,460||29.3%|
|Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products||1,670||$51,220||-61.6%|
|Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products||250||$75,690||-21.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are international business related jobs in Michigan