There are schools offering math courses in Michigan!
Schools Offering Math Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a math program is Michigan State University. Michigan State University, which was ranked 16th in the country in 2010, is located in East Lansing. In 2010, Michigan State University graduated 165 students from its math program. The tuition rate at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
Kalamazoo College, which is located in Kalamazoo, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a math program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. 4 students graduated with degree in math from Kalamazoo College in 2010. Tuition at Kalamazoo College was $34,417 per year.
Michigan Technological University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a math program. It is located in Houghton. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Michigan Technological University math program. Michigan Technological University charged in-state students $12,017 in tuition fees per year.
Math schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $14,128 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $34,417 per year, or as little as $2,156 per year. In 2010, the math schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Kalamazoo College - located in Kalamazoo, students are charged $34,417 per year
- Albion College - located in Albion, students are charged $31,186 per year
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
The math schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Mid Michigan Community College - located in Harrison, students are charged $2,156 per year
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Macomb Community College - located in Warren, students are charged $2,580 per year
A math degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs math graduates in Michigan pursue include computational scientist, statistician, and actuary. Michigan had 2,640 math professionals in 2010. 1,530 of these math professionals were mathematics professors, 30 were computational scientists, and 410 were statisticians. In Michigan, the largest numbers of math professional work in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 360 math professionals
- Washtenaw County - 350 math professionals
- Wayne County - 340 math professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 2,050 math professionals will be working in Michigan. This would require the number of math professional to grow by 9%.
math professionals in Michigan earn $82,413 per year on average. However, Michigan math professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $27,270 per year to more than $161,400 per year in 2010. On average math professional earn the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Genesee County - $86,870 per year
- Allegan County - $86,650 per year
- Alger County - $85,770 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for math professional:
- Lapeer County - $73,630 per year
- Clinton County - $75,455 per year
- Wayne County - $80,320 per year
On average, the highest paid math professionals in Michigan were:
- Computational Scientist - $96,190 per year
- Actuary - $80,580 per year
- Statistician - $77,880 per year
The math professionals with lowest average salaries in Michigan were:
- Statistician - $77,880 per year
- Mathematics Professor - $75,000 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in math and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as accounting or physics.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Math in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Math in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Math in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Math in Michigan
Curious what studying Math gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||1,530||$75,000||35.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are math related jobs in Michigan