There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Michigan
Each year, roughly 2.3% of Michigan students graduate with certificates in medical assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 6,481 medical assistants graduate from Michigan's 69 medical assistant schools.
Grand Valley State University, which is located in Allendale, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Grand Valley State University graduated 28 students from its medical assistant program. Students at Grand Valley State University paid $9,088 per year in tuition fees.
Central Michigan University, which is located in Mount Pleasant, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 42 students graduated from Central Michigan University medical assistant program. Tuition at Central Michigan University was $9,688 per year.
Ross Medical Education Center-Brighton, which is located in Brighton, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 66th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 245 students graduated from Ross Medical Education Center-Brighton medical assistant program. Tuition at Ross Medical Education Center-Brighton was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's medical assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,042 per year, though tuition can range from $30,660 per year to $2,104 per year. The Michigan medical assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Dorsey Business Schools-Roseville - located in Roseville, students are charged $15,625 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Mid Michigan Community College - located in Harrison, students are charged $2,156 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical assistant graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a medical assistant. In 2010, there were 20,720 medical assistants working in Michigan. In Michigan, the largest numbers of medical assistants work in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 7,000 medical assistants
- Wayne County - 3,630 medical assistants
- Barry County - 1,470 medical assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical assistants in the state of Michigan will grow to 24,470. This would require a 25% growth in the profession.
A medical assistant in Michigan makes an average of $28,330 per year. But, salaries for medical assistants can vary. In 2010, medical assistants made as little as less than $17,790 per year or as much as more than $52,900 per year in Michigan. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a medical assistant are:
- Antrim County - $33,250 per year
- Washtenaw County - $31,880 per year
- Jackson County - $31,550 per year
A medical assistant in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Alcona County - $24,190 per year
- Alger County - $24,630 per year
- Allegan County - $25,700 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Assisting in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Michigan
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Michigan
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Michigan