There are schools offering medical coding classess in Michigan!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Michigan
Around 0.1% of Michigan's graduates graduate from medical coding certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 162 medical coders graduate from Michigan's 15 medical coding schools.
Everest Institute-Grand Rapids, which is located in Grand Rapids, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a medical coding program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Everest Institute-Grand Rapids graduated 39 students from its medical coding program.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a medical coding program is Ferris State University, which is located in Big Rapids. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 0 students graduated with certificate in medical coding from Ferris State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Ferris State University was $9,930 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a medical coding program is Gogebic Community College. Gogebic Community College, which was ranked 76th in the country in 2010, is located in Ironwood. In 2010, Gogebic Community College graduated 2 students from its medical coding programs. Gogebic Community College charged in-state students $3,340 in tuition fees per year.
Medical coding schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $4,068 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $11,964 per year, or as little as $2,028 per year. In 2010, the medical coding schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Davenport University - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $11,964 per year
- Ferris State University - located in Big Rapids, students are charged $9,930 per year
- Baker College of Auburn Hills - located in Auburn Hills, students are charged $7,380 per year
The following Michigan medical coding schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Mid Michigan Community College - located in Harrison, students are charged $2,156 per year
A medical coding certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical coding school in Michigan go on to work as a medical coder. In 2010, there were 4,700 medical coders working in Michigan. The largest populations of Michigan medical coders are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 970 medical coders
- Wayne County - 680 medical coders
- Washtenaw County - 510 medical coders
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical coders in the state of Michigan will grow to 5,990. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
A medical coder in Michigan makes an average of $35,620 per year. In 2010, however, some Michigan medical coders earned as little as less than $17,720 per year or as much as more than $57,010 per year. On average a medical coder earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Allegan County - $39,360 per year
- Calhoun County - $38,860 per year
- Jackson County - $38,790 per year
A medical coder in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Saginaw County - $27,740 per year
- Alcona County - $27,840 per year
- Alger County - $30,890 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in medical coding and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Coding in Michigan
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Michigan
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||4,700||$35,620||-2.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Michigan