There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in Michigan!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in Michigan
Around 0.4% of Michigan's graduates graduate from nurse assisting certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 1,226 nursing assistants graduate from Michigan's 15 nursing assistant schools each year.
Michigan Career and Technical Institute, which is located in Plainwell, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 55th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Michigan Career and Technical Institute graduated 64 students from its nursing assistant program. The tuition rate at Michigan Career and Technical Institute was $4,050 per year.
Everest Institute-Southfield, which is located in Southfield, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Everest Institute-Southfield graduated 95 students from its nursing assistant program.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a nursing assistant program is Dorsey Business Schools-Roseville. Dorsey Business Schools-Roseville, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Roseville. In 2010, 82 students graduated from Dorsey Business Schools-Roseville nursing assistant program. Students at Dorsey Business Schools-Roseville paid $15,625 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Michigan's nursing assistant schools ranges from $15,625 per year to $2,028 per year. But, the average tuition is $7,391 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan nursing assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Dorsey Business Schools-Madison Heights - located in Madison Heights, students are charged $15,625 per year
- Dorsey Business Schools-Southgate - located in Southgate, students are charged $15,625 per year
- Dorsey Business Schools-Farmington Hills - located in Farmington, students are charged $15,625 per year
The nursing assistant schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- North Central Michigan College - located in Petoskey, students are charged $2,256 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of nursing assistant graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a nursing assistant. In 2010, there were 49,570 nursing assistants working in Michigan. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan nursing assistants:
- Lapeer County - 10,690 nursing assistants
- Wayne County - 9,310 nursing assistants
- Barry County - 4,930 nursing assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 58,240 nursing assistants will be working in Michigan state. This would require the number of nursing assistants to grow by 17%.
On average, a nursing assistant earns a salary of $25,490 per year in Michigan state. However, this number is only an average. nursing assistants in Michigan had varying salaries from $17,360 to $36,070 per year in 2010. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for nursing assistants:
- Calhoun County - $27,270 per year
- Washtenaw County - $26,850 per year
- Monroe County - $26,280 per year
On average, nursing assistants earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Alcona County - $23,020 per year
- Allegan County - $23,440 per year
- Kalamazoo County - $24,110 per year
For more data regarding a career in nurse assisting in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in Michigan
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||49,570||$25,490||1.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in Michigan