There are schools offering paralegal programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a paralegal program is Grand Valley State University, which is located in Allendale. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. 23 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from Grand Valley State University in 2010. Tuition at Grand Valley State University was $9,088 per year.
Eastern Michigan University, which is located in Ypsilanti, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Eastern Michigan University graduated 16 students from its paralegal program. Eastern Michigan University charged in-state students $8,378 in tuition fees per year.
Madonna University, which is located in Livonia, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Madonna University graduated 29 students from its paralegal programs. Tuition at Madonna University was $13,840 per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan paralegal school, average tuition will be $8,161 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,104 per year to $30,660 per year. The Michigan paralegal schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Swartz Creek - located in Swartz Creek, students are charged $18,048 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Mid Michigan Community College - located in Harrison, students are charged $2,156 per year
A paralegal degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan paralegal graduates become paralegals. Michigan had 4,970 paralegals in 2010. The largest populations of Michigan paralegals are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 2,040 paralegals
- Wayne County - 1,180 paralegals
- Barry County - 640 paralegals
The government projects that the number of paralegals in Michigan will grow by 14%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,760 paralegals working in Michigan.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $49,510 per year in Michigan state. However, Michigan paralegals earned anywhere in the range from as less than $20,490 per year to more than $105,500 per year in 2010. On average a paralegal earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Genesee County - $58,880 per year
- Barry County - $54,500 per year
- Washtenaw County - $53,980 per year
A paralegal in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Muskegon County - $29,370 per year
- Alcona County - $30,390 per year
- Alger County - $36,120 per year
For more data regarding a career in paralegal studies in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Michigan
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Michigan
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||4,970||$49,510||30.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Michigan