There are schools offering paramedic programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in Michigan
Gogebic Community College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a paramedic program. It is located in Ironwood. In 2010, Gogebic Community College graduated no students from its paramedic program. The tuition rate at Gogebic Community College was $3,340 per year.
Siena Heights University, which is located in Adrian, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 77th in the country in 2010. 3 students graduated with certificate in paramedic from Siena Heights University in 2010. Tuition at Siena Heights University was $19,790 per year.
Lake Superior State University, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a paramedic program. It is located in Sault Sainte Marie. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Lake Superior State University paramedic program. Tuition at Lake Superior State University was $8,764 per year.
Paramedic schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $4,149 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $19,790 per year, or as little as $2,028 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan paramedic schools were charged at the following schools:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Lake Superior State University - located in Sault Sainte Marie, students are charged $8,764 per year
- Baker College of Clinton Township - located in Clinton Township, students are charged $7,380 per year
The paramedic schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- West Shore Community College - located in Scottville, students are charged $2,028 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
A paramedic certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan paramedic graduates become paramedics. In 2010, there were 7,320 paramedics working in Michigan. The largest populations of Michigan paramedics are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 1,660 paramedics
- Wayne County - 1,300 paramedics
- Allegan County - 920 paramedics
The government projects that by 2018, the number of paramedics in the state of Michigan will grow to 7,160. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
On average, paramedics earn $30,430 per year. However, Michigan paramedics earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,050 per year to more than $48,070 per year in 2010. A paramedic in the following Michigan counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Calhoun County - $36,470 per year
- Berrien County - $32,630 per year
- Kalamazoo County - $31,910 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for paramedics:
- Genesee County - $25,830 per year
- Alcona County - $26,390 per year
- Allegan County - $28,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in paramedic training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Paramedic Training in Michigan
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in Michigan
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||7,320||$30,430||9.7%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||340||$24,890||-12.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in Michigan