There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Michigan
Around 0.3% of Michigan's graduates graduate from pharmacy technician training certificate programs every year. Thus, Michigan's 23 pharmacy technician schools put out approximately 793 pharmacy technicians each year.
Madonna University, which is located in Livonia, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a certificate in pharmacy technician from Madonna University in 2010. The tuition rate at Madonna University was $13,840 per year.
Michigan Career and Technical Institute, which is located in Plainwell, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 55th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Michigan Career and Technical Institute was $4,050 per year.
Everest Institute-Kalamazoo, which was ranked 55th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in Kalamazoo. In 2010, Everest Institute-Kalamazoo graduated 94 students from its pharmacy technician programs. Tuition at Everest Institute-Kalamazoo was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan pharmacy technician school, average tuition will be $6,236 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,088 per year to $15,625 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Dorsey Business Schools-Madison Heights - located in Madison Heights, students are charged $15,625 per year
- Dorsey Business Schools-Roseville - located in Roseville, students are charged $15,625 per year
- Dorsey Business Schools-Wayne - located in Wayne, students are charged $15,625 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan pharmacy technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from pharmacy technician school in Michigan go on to work as a pharmacy technician. Michigan had 11,090 pharmacy technicians in 2010. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of pharmacy technicians are:
- Lapeer County - 2,850 pharmacy technicians
- Wayne County - 1,830 pharmacy technicians
- Allegan County - 950 pharmacy technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of pharmacy technicians is expected to grow by 24% by 2018. There are projected to be 13,260 pharmacy technicians working in the Michigan then.
A pharmacy technician in Michigan earns $27,620 per year on average. However, Michigan pharmacy technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,060 per year to more than $42,340 per year in 2010. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a pharmacy technician are:
- Saginaw County - $30,620 per year
- Washtenaw County - $29,620 per year
- Wayne County - $29,460 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for pharmacy technicians:
- Monroe County - $24,600 per year
- Kalamazoo County - $25,430 per year
- Alger County - $25,470 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in pharmacy technician training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Michigan
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Michigan
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Michigan