There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Michigan
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Michigan students graduate with degrees in physical therapy assisting. In other words, every year an estimated 248 physical therapy assistants graduate from Michigan's 12 physical therapy assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a physical therapy assistant program is Siena Heights University. Siena Heights University, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Adrian. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Siena Heights University's physical therapy assistant program. Tuition at Siena Heights University was $19,790 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a physical therapy assistant program is Finlandia University, which is located in Hancock. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Finlandia University physical therapy assistant program. The tuition rate at Finlandia University was $18,974 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a physical therapy assistant program is Delta College. Delta College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in University Center. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Delta College physical therapy assistant program. The tuition rate at Delta College was $2,787 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's physical therapy assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,484 per year, though tuition can range from $19,790 per year to $2,088 per year. In 2010, the physical therapy assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Finlandia University - located in Hancock, students are charged $18,974 per year
- Baker College of Flint - located in Flint, students are charged $7,380 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan physical therapy assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Mid Michigan Community College - located in Harrison, students are charged $2,156 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from physical therapy assistant school in Michigan go on to work as a physical therapy assistant. In 2010, there were 2,430 physical therapy assistants working in Michigan. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of physical therapy assistants are:
- Lapeer County - 840 physical therapy assistants
- Barry County - 280 physical therapy assistants
- Allegan County - 250 physical therapy assistants
The government projects that the number of physical therapy assistants in Michigan will grow by 28%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,460 physical therapy assistants working in Michigan.
A physical therapy assistant in Michigan earns $42,020 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. physical therapy assistants in Michigan had varying salaries from $23,480 to $63,550 per year in 2010. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a physical therapy assistant are:
- Calhoun County - $48,890 per year
- Kalamazoo County - $48,790 per year
- Wayne County - $45,200 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for physical therapy assistants:
- Allegan County - $36,510 per year
- Muskegon County - $38,940 per year
- Barry County - $40,220 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in physical therapy assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Michigan
- Certificate in Physical Therapy Assisting in Michigan
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||2,430||$42,020||-4.7%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||990||$24,910||7.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Michigan