There are schools offering physical therapy programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a physical therapy program is Grand Valley State University. Grand Valley State University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Allendale. 42 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy from Grand Valley State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Grand Valley State University was $9,088 per year.
Central Michigan University, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a physical therapy program. It is located in Mount Pleasant. 45 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from Central Michigan University in 2010. Students at Central Michigan University paid $9,688 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a physical therapy program is Andrews University. Andrews University, which was ranked 37th in the country in 2010, is located in Berrien Springs. 41 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from Andrews University in 2010. Tuition at Andrews University was $22,242 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's physical therapy schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $8,273 per year, though tuition can range from $22,242 per year to $2,156 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan physical therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Andrews University - located in Berrien Springs, students are charged $22,242 per year
- Rochester College - located in Rochester, students are charged $18,056 per year
- Central Michigan University - located in Mount Pleasant, students are charged $9,688 per year
The following Michigan physical therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Mid Michigan Community College - located in Harrison, students are charged $2,156 per year
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Grand Rapids Community College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $2,628 per year
A physical therapy degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of physical therapy graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a physical therapist. Michigan had 6,940 physical therapists in 2010. The Michigan counties with the largest populations of physical therapists are:
- Lapeer County - 2,510 physical therapists
- Wayne County - 1,280 physical therapists
- Barry County - 440 physical therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of physical therapists is expected to grow by 26% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,850 physical therapists working in the Michigan then.
On average, a physical therapist earns a salary of $73,810 per year in Michigan state. But, salaries for physical therapists can vary. In 2010, physical therapists made as little as less than $32,920 per year or as much as more than $113,460 per year in Michigan. On average a physical therapist earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Calhoun County - $87,670 per year
- Saginaw County - $81,520 per year
- Bay County - $78,060 per year
On average, physical therapists earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Ottawa County - $68,580 per year
- Washtenaw County - $70,550 per year
- Allegan County - $71,870 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in physical therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy in Michigan
- Certificate in Physical Therapy in Michigan
Curious what studying Physical Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy related jobs in Michigan