There are schools offering political science degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Political Science Programs in Michigan
Around 0.4% of Michigan's graduates graduate from political science degree programs every year. Thus, Michigan's 31 political science schools put out approximately 1,134 political scientists each year.
Michigan State University, which was ranked 16th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a political science program. It is located in East Lansing. In 2010, 166 students graduated from Michigan State University's political science program. Tuition at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a political science program is Kalamazoo College. Kalamazoo College, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Kalamazoo. 18 students graduated with degree in political science from Kalamazoo College in 2010. The tuition rate at Kalamazoo College was $34,417 per year.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a political science program is Grand Valley State University. Grand Valley State University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Allendale. In 2010, 63 students graduated from Grand Valley State University political science program. Grand Valley State University charged in-state students $9,088 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Michigan's political science schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $14,593 per year, though tuition can range from $34,417 per year to $2,330 per year. In 2010, the political science schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Kalamazoo College - located in Kalamazoo, students are charged $34,417 per year
- Albion College - located in Albion, students are charged $31,186 per year
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
The political science schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Kellogg Community College - located in Battle Creek, students are charged $2,589 per year
- Grand Rapids Community College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $2,628 per year
For more data regarding a career in political science in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as international business or communications, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Political Science in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Political Science in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Political Science in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Political Science in Michigan
Curious what studying Political Science gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Political Science Teachers, Postsecondary||430||$98,290||65.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are political science related jobs in Michigan