There are schools offering risk management degrees in Michigan!
Schools Offering Risk Management Programs in Michigan
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a risk management program is Michigan Technological University. Michigan Technological University, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Houghton. no students graduated with a degree in risk management from Michigan Technological University in 2010. The tuition rate at Michigan Technological University was $12,017 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a risk management program is Central Michigan University. Central Michigan University, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Mount Pleasant. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Central Michigan University risk management program. Students at Central Michigan University paid $9,688 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a risk management program is Eastern Michigan University. Eastern Michigan University, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Ypsilanti. 7 students graduated with degree in risk management from Eastern Michigan University in 2010. Eastern Michigan University charged in-state students $8,378 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Michigan's risk management schools ranges from $20,500 per year to $2,589 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,133 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan risk management schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Olivet College - located in Olivet, students are charged $20,500 per year
- Michigan Technological University - located in Houghton, students are charged $12,017 per year
- Central Michigan University - located in Mount Pleasant, students are charged $9,688 per year
The risk management schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Kellogg Community College - located in Battle Creek, students are charged $2,589 per year
- Mott Community College - located in Flint, students are charged $2,602 per year
- University of Michigan-Flint - located in Flint, students are charged $8,160 per year
A risk management degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan risk management graduates become risk managers. In 2010, there were 8,460 risk managers working in Michigan. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan risk managers:
- Lapeer County - 2,500 risk managers
- Wayne County - 1,840 risk managers
- Clinton County - 1,290 risk managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 8,790 risk managers will be working in Michigan state. This would require the number of risk managers to grow by 5%.
On average, risk managers earn $64,820 per year. But, salaries for risk managers can vary. In 2010, risk managers made as little as less than $24,950 per year or as much as more than $114,670 per year in Michigan. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a risk manager are:
- Lapeer County - $70,280 per year
- Wayne County - $69,960 per year
- Clinton County - $69,200 per year
On average, risk managers earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Monroe County - $42,700 per year
- Berrien County - $50,830 per year
- Allegan County - $52,160 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in risk management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management in Michigan
Curious what studying Risk Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||8,460||$64,820||4.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are risk management related jobs in Michigan