There are schools offering school psychology programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering School Psychology Programs in Michigan
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Michigan receive school psychology degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 60 school psychologists graduate from Michigan's 6 school psychology schools.
The top-ranked school in Michigan that has a school psychology program is Michigan State University. Michigan State University, which was ranked 16th in the country in 2010, is located in East Lansing. In 2010, 26 students graduated from Michigan State University's school psychology program. Students at Michigan State University paid $11,152 per year in tuition fees.
Central Michigan University, which is located in Mount Pleasant, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 33rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Central Michigan University graduated 5 students from its school psychology program. Central Michigan University charged in-state students $9,688 in tuition fees per year.
Andrews University, which is located in Berrien Springs, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 37th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Andrews University graduated 9 students from its school psychology programs. Students at Andrews University paid $22,242 per year in tuition fees.
School psychology schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $15,191 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,660 per year, or as little as $8,378 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan school psychology schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of Detroit Mercy - located in Detroit, students are charged $30,660 per year
- Andrews University - located in Berrien Springs, students are charged $22,242 per year
- Michigan State University - located in East Lansing, students are charged $11,152 per year
The school psychology schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Eastern Michigan University - located in Ypsilanti, students are charged $8,378 per year
- Wayne State University - located in Detroit, students are charged $9,026 per year
- Central Michigan University - located in Mount Pleasant, students are charged $9,688 per year
A school psychology degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan school psychology graduates become school psychologists. Michigan had 2,590 school psychologists in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan school psychologists:
- Lapeer County - 680 school psychologists
- Wayne County - 600 school psychologists
- Barry County - 330 school psychologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of school psychologists in the state of Michigan will grow to 5,210. This would require a 5% growth in the profession.
A school psychologist in Michigan makes an average of $74,640 per year. But, salaries for school psychologists can vary. In 2010, school psychologists made as little as less than $34,290 per year or as much as more than $107,470 per year in Michigan. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a school psychologist are:
- Washtenaw County - $92,200 per year
- Kalamazoo County - $90,250 per year
- Lapeer County - $88,200 per year
On average, school psychologists earns the least in the following Michigan counties:
- Clinton County - $56,460 per year
- Allegan County - $58,050 per year
- Wayne County - $59,880 per year
For more data regarding a career in school psychology in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or speech therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in School Psychology in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in School Psychology in Michigan
Curious what studying School Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||2,590||$74,640||-14.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are school psychology related jobs in Michigan