There are schools offering sonography programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Sonography Programs in Michigan
Grand Valley State University, which is located in Allendale, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a sonography program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. 31 students graduated with a certificate in sonography from Grand Valley State University in 2010. Grand Valley State University charged in-state students $9,088 in tuition fees per year.
Ferris State University, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Michigan that has a sonography program. It is located in Big Rapids. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Ferris State University sonography program. The tuition rate at Ferris State University was $9,930 per year.
Siena Heights University, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a sonography program. It is located in Adrian. 3 students graduated with certificate in sonography from Siena Heights University in 2010. Siena Heights University charged in-state students $19,790 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Michigan sonography school, average tuition will be $6,455 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,106 per year to $19,790 per year. The Michigan sonography schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Ferris State University - located in Big Rapids, students are charged $9,930 per year
- Grand Valley State University - located in Allendale, students are charged $9,088 per year
The following Michigan sonography schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Oakland Community College - located in Bloomfield Hills, students are charged $2,106 per year
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Delta College - located in University Center, students are charged $2,787 per year
A sonography certificate from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from sonography school in Michigan go on to work as a sonographer. 1,800 sonographers were working in Michigan in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan sonographers:
- Lapeer County - 470 sonographers
- Wayne County - 310 sonographers
- Barry County - 160 sonographers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of sonographers is expected to grow by 12% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,930 sonographers working in the Michigan then.
A sonographer in Michigan makes an average of $56,050 per year. However, this number is only an average. sonographers in Michigan had varying salaries from $37,720 to $74,800 per year in 2010. The following counties in Michigan have the highest average salaries for sonographers:
- Wayne County - $59,040 per year
- Barry County - $58,260 per year
- Lapeer County - $57,320 per year
A sonographer in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Alcona County - $49,420 per year
- Allegan County - $51,140 per year
- Ottawa County - $54,600 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in sonography and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or sonography.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sonography in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Sonography in Michigan
- Certificate in Sonography in Michigan
Curious what studying Sonography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||1,800||$56,050||19.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sonography related jobs in Michigan