There are schools offering technical writing courses in Michigan!
Schools Offering Technical Writing Programs in Michigan
Around 0.0% of Michigan's graduates graduate from technical writing degree programs every year. That means an estimated 94 technical writers graduate from Michigan's 8 technical writing schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a technical writing program is Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. In 2010, 31 students graduated from Michigan State University's technical writing program. The tuition rate at Michigan State University was $11,152 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a technical writing program is Michigan Technological University, which is located in Houghton. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. In 2010, Michigan Technological University graduated 29 students from its technical writing program. Students at Michigan Technological University paid $12,017 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Michigan that has a technical writing program is Eastern Michigan University. Eastern Michigan University, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Ypsilanti. 3 students graduated with degree in technical writing from Eastern Michigan University in 2010. Students at Eastern Michigan University paid $8,378 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Michigan technical writing school, average tuition will be $9,072 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,088 per year to $13,840 per year. In 2010, the following Michigan technical writing schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Madonna University - located in Livonia, students are charged $13,840 per year
- Michigan Technological University - located in Houghton, students are charged $12,017 per year
- Michigan State University - located in East Lansing, students are charged $11,152 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan technical writing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Washtenaw Community College - located in Ann Arbor, students are charged $2,088 per year
- Saginaw Valley State University - located in University Center, students are charged $7,308 per year
- Northern Michigan University - located in Marquette, students are charged $7,864 per year
A technical writing degree from a Michigan school... what next?
A large number of Michigan technical writing graduates become technical writers. 1,500 technical writers were working in Michigan in 2010. In Michigan, the largest numbers of technical writers work in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 410 technical writers
- Wayne County - 250 technical writers
- Washtenaw County - 160 technical writers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of technical writers is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 2,350 technical writers working in the Michigan then.
On average, a technical writer earns a salary of $58,110 per year in Michigan state. However, this number is only an average. technical writers in Michigan had varying salaries from $33,350 to $85,240 per year in 2010. The counties in Michigan with the highest average salary for a technical writer are:
- Wayne County - $63,330 per year
- Lapeer County - $62,660 per year
- Washtenaw County - $58,380 per year
A technical writer in the following counties in Michigan make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allegan County - $47,500 per year
- Clinton County - $52,860 per year
- Barry County - $53,420 per year
For more data regarding a career in technical writing in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or writing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Technical Writing in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing in Michigan
- Master's Degree in Technical Writing in Michigan
- Doctoral Degree in Technical Writing in Michigan
- Certificate in Technical Writing in Michigan
Curious what studying Technical Writing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are technical writing related jobs in Michigan