There are schools offering veterinary technician programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering Veterinary Technology Programs in Michigan
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Michigan graduates receive degrees in veterinary technology. That means an estimated 170 veterinary technicians graduate from Michigan's 12 veterinary technician schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Michigan with a veterinary technician program is Michigan State University, which is located in East Lansing. In 2010, it was ranked 16th nationwide. 22 students graduated with a degree in veterinary technician from Michigan State University in 2010. Michigan State University charged in-state students $11,152 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan with a veterinary technician program is Siena Heights University, which is located in Adrian. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, Siena Heights University graduated 2 students from its veterinary technician program. Siena Heights University charged in-state students $19,790 in tuition fees per year.
Lansing Community College, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a veterinary technician program. It is located in Lansing. 1 students graduated with degree in veterinary technician from Lansing Community College in 2010. Tuition at Lansing Community College was $2,330 per year.
Veterinary technician schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $7,110 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $19,790 per year, or as little as $2,164 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Michigan veterinary technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Michigan State University - located in East Lansing, students are charged $11,152 per year
- Baker College of Jackson - located in Jackson, students are charged $7,380 per year
The veterinary technician schools in Michigan that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Wayne County Community College District - located in Detroit, students are charged $2,164 per year
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Macomb Community College - located in Warren, students are charged $2,580 per year
A veterinary technician degree from a Michigan school... what next?
Most people who graduate from veterinary technician school in Michigan go on to work as a veterinary technician. 1,760 veterinary technicians were working in Michigan in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Michigan veterinary technicians:
- Lapeer County - 680 veterinary technicians
- Clinton County - 170 veterinary technicians
- Barry County - 150 veterinary technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of veterinary technicians is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,760 veterinary technicians working in the Michigan then.
On average, veterinary technicians earn $34,230 per year. In 2010, however, some Michigan veterinary technicians earned as little as less than $19,250 per year or as much as more than $57,450 per year. On average a veterinary technician earns the most in the following Michigan counties:
- Antrim County - $45,970 per year
- Wayne County - $40,170 per year
- Clinton County - $37,750 per year
The following counties in Michigan have the lowest average salaries for veterinary technicians:
- Ottawa County - $27,950 per year
- Alcona County - $28,200 per year
- Barry County - $28,830 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Michigan statistics regarding a career in veterinary technology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Technology in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Technology in Michigan
- Certificate in Veterinary Technology in Michigan
Curious what studying Veterinary Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||1,760||$34,230||3.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary technician related jobs in Michigan