There are schools offering x ray technician programs in Michigan!
Schools Offering X Ray Technology Programs in Michigan
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Michigan students graduate with degrees in x ray technology. In other words, every year an estimated 168 x ray technicians graduate from Michigan's 8 x ray technician schools.
Northern Michigan University, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Michigan that has a x ray technician program. It is located in Marquette. In 2010, Northern Michigan University graduated 7 students from its x ray technician program. The tuition rate at Northern Michigan University was $7,864 per year.
The second-ranked school in Michigan that has a x ray technician program is Siena Heights University. Siena Heights University, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Adrian. In 2010, 33 students graduated from Siena Heights University x ray technician program. Tuition at Siena Heights University was $19,790 per year.
Lansing Community College, which is located in Lansing, is the third-ranked school in Michigan that has a x ray technician program. It received a ranking of 83rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 26 students graduated from Lansing Community College x ray technician program. Lansing Community College charged in-state students $2,330 in tuition fees per year.
X ray technician schools in Michigan, charge students an average tuition of $5,501 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $19,790 per year, or as little as $2,104 per year. In 2010, the x ray technician schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Michigan were:
- Siena Heights University - located in Adrian, students are charged $19,790 per year
- Northern Michigan University - located in Marquette, students are charged $7,864 per year
- Lake Michigan College - located in Benton Harbor, students are charged $3,270 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Michigan x ray technician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Henry Ford Community College - located in Dearborn, students are charged $2,104 per year
- Lansing Community College - located in Lansing, students are charged $2,330 per year
- Grand Rapids Community College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $2,628 per year
A x ray technician degree from a Michigan school... what next?
The highest percentage of x ray technician graduates in Michigan pursue careers as a x ray technician. If you decide to work as a x ray technician in Michigan, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,920 Michigan x ray technicians as of 2010. The largest populations of Michigan x ray technicians are working in the following counties:
- Lapeer County - 1,830 x ray technicians
- Wayne County - 1,150 x ray technicians
- Washtenaw County - 590 x ray technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of x ray technicians is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,970 x ray technicians working in the Michigan then.
A x ray technician in Michigan earns $51,750 per year on average. A x ray technician in the following Michigan counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Calhoun County - $66,500 per year
- Berrien County - $54,950 per year
- Wayne County - $52,100 per year
The Michigan counties with the lowest average salary for x ray technicians are:
- Alger County - $44,940 per year
- Genesee County - $45,160 per year
- Antrim County - $45,290 per year
For more data regarding a career in x ray technology in Michigan and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in X Ray Technology in Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in X Ray Technology in Michigan
- Certificate in X Ray Technology in Michigan
Curious what studying X Ray Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Michigan
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Radiologic technologists and technicians||6,860||$49,480|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are x ray technician related jobs in Michigan