There are schools offering accounting degrees in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Minnesota
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which was ranked 14th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a accounting program. It is located in Minneapolis. 135 students graduated with a degree in accounting from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 2010. Tuition at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities was $12,288 per year.
College of Saint Benedict, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a accounting program. It is located in Saint Joseph. 18 students graduated with degree in accounting from College of Saint Benedict in 2010. The tuition rate at College of Saint Benedict was $32,246 per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a accounting program is Saint Johns University. Saint Johns University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Collegeville. 50 students graduated with degree in accounting from Saint Johns University in 2010. Tuition at Saint Johns University was $31,576 per year.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota accounting school, average tuition will be $12,959 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,728 per year to $33,500 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Minnesota accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Gustavus Adolphus College - located in Saint Peter, students are charged $33,500 per year
- College of Saint Benedict - located in Saint Joseph, students are charged $32,246 per year
- Saint Johns University - located in Collegeville, students are charged $31,576 per year
The following Minnesota accounting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Pine Technical College - located in Pine City, students are charged $3,728 per year
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,551 per year
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
An accounting degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota accounting graduates become accountants. 21,940 accountants were working in Minnesota in 2010. The largest populations of Minnesota accountants are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 16,640 accountants
- Becker County - 1,050 accountants
- Brown County - 830 accountants
The government projects that the number of accountants in Minnesota will grow by 14%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 29,700 accountants working in Minnesota.
On average, accountants earn $62,120 per year. In 2010, however, some Minnesota accountants earned as little as less than $34,180 per year or as much as more than $92,200 per year. The following counties in Minnesota have the highest average salaries for accountants:
- Anoka County - $64,360 per year
- Carlton County - $58,030 per year
- Blue Earth County - $57,960 per year
On average, accountants earns the least in the following Minnesota counties:
- Dodge County - $52,440 per year
- Becker County - $54,320 per year
- Aitkin County - $54,740 per year
For more data regarding a career in accounting in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Accounting in Minnesota
- Certificate in Accounting in Minnesota
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||32,710||$35,140||-4.6%|
|Accountants and Auditors||21,940||$62,120||-6.8%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||9,210||$35,880||3.1%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||3,520||$39,920||-5.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Minnesota