There are schools offering acting classes in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in Minnesota
The top-ranked school in Minnesota with a acting program is University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities graduated 67 students from its acting program. Tuition at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities was $12,288 per year.
Carleton College, which is located in Northfield, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a acting program. It received a ranking of 17th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Carleton College graduated 2 students from its acting program. Tuition at Carleton College was $41,304 per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a acting program is Macalester College. Macalester College, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, 8 students graduated from Macalester College acting program. Macalester College charged in-state students $40,046 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota acting school, average tuition will be $20,108 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,551 per year to $41,304 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Minnesota acting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Carleton College - located in Northfield, students are charged $41,304 per year
- Macalester College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $40,046 per year
- St. Olaf College - located in Northfield, students are charged $36,800 per year
The following Minnesota acting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,551 per year
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,974 per year
- Riverland Community College - located in Austin, students are charged $5,070 per year
An acting degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of acting graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as an actor. 460 actors were working in Minnesota in 2010. In Minnesota, the largest numbers of actors work in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 340 actors
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 700 actors will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of actors to grow by 9%.
An actor in Minnesota makes an average of $0 per year.
For more data regarding a career in acting in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as art or acting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Acting in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Acting in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in Minnesota
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||1,110||$68,160||22.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in Minnesota