There are schools offering animation programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Animation Programs in Minnesota
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a animation program is Northwestern College. Northwestern College, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Paul. 3 students graduated with a degree in animation from Northwestern College in 2010. Northwestern College charged in-state students $24,570 in tuition fees per year.
The Art Institutes International Minnesota, which is located in Minneapolis, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a animation program. It received a ranking of 74th in the country in 2010. In 2010, The Art Institutes International Minnesota graduated 24 students from its animation program. Tuition at The Art Institutes International Minnesota was $17,416 per year.
Bethany Lutheran College, which is located in Mankato, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a animation program. It received a ranking of 75th in the country in 2010. 0 students graduated with degree in animation from Bethany Lutheran College in 2010. Students at Bethany Lutheran College paid $21,080 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Minnesota's animation schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,299 per year, though tuition can range from $24,570 per year to $4,719 per year. In 2010, the animation schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Northwestern College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $24,570 per year
- Bethany Lutheran College - located in Mankato, students are charged $21,080 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Eden Prairie - located in Eden Prairie, students are charged $18,048 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota animation schools were charged at the following schools:
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
- Northland Community and Technical College - located in Thief River Falls, students are charged $5,099 per year
- Rasmussen College-Minnesota - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $15,180 per year
An animation degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from animation school in Minnesota go on to work as an animator. Minnesota had 770 animators in 2010. In Minnesota, the largest numbers of animators work in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 630 animators
The government projects that the number of animators in Minnesota will grow by 8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,990 animators working in Minnesota.
On average, animators earn $51,160 per year. However, Minnesota animators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $34,140 per year to more than $77,000 per year in 2010. An animator in the following Minnesota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Anoka County - $53,300 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in animation. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Animation in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Animation in Minnesota
- Certificate in Animation in Minnesota
Curious what studying Animation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||770||$51,160||18.5%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||250||$44,970||-7.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are animation related jobs in Minnesota