There are schools offering audio engineering programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Audio Engineering Programs in Minnesota
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Minnesota students graduate with degrees in audio engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 147 audio engineers graduate from Minnesota's 6 audio engineering schools.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota with a audio engineering program is Institute of Production and Recording, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. In 2010, 106 students graduated from Institute of Production and Recording's audio engineering program. Tuition at Institute of Production and Recording was $24,300 per year.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a audio engineering program is North Central University, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. In 2010, North Central University graduated 5 students from its audio engineering program. Students at North Central University paid $16,340 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a audio engineering program is Ridgewater College. Ridgewater College, which was ranked 81st in the country in 2010, is located in Willmar. In 2010, Ridgewater College graduated 6 students from its audio engineering programs. Ridgewater College charged in-state students $5,280 in tuition fees per year.
Audio engineering schools in Minnesota, charge students an average tuition of $10,022 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $24,300 per year, or as little as $4,608 per year. In 2010, the following Minnesota audio engineering schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Institute of Production and Recording - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $24,300 per year
- North Central University - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $16,340 per year
- Ridgewater College - located in Willmar, students are charged $5,280 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota audio engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,974 per year
An audio engineering degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from audio engineering school in Minnesota go on to work as an audio engineer. Minnesota had 100 audio engineers in 2010. The largest populations of Minnesota audio engineers are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 90 audio engineers
An audio engineer in Minnesota makes an average of $49,960 per year. But, salaries for audio engineers can vary. In 2010, audio engineers made as little as less than $32,840 per year or as much as more than $79,460 per year in Minnesota. An audio engineer in the following Minnesota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Anoka County - $51,030 per year
For more data regarding a career in audio engineering in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as audio engineering or audio production, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Engineering in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Engineering in Minnesota
- Certificate in Audio Engineering in Minnesota
Curious what studying Audio Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||780||$47,500||52.9%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||100||$49,960||-37.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio engineering related jobs in Minnesota