There are schools offering beauty programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Beauty Programs in Minnesota
Aveda Institute, which is located in Minneapolis, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a beauty program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. 412 students graduated with a certificate in beauty from Aveda Institute in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a beauty program is The Salon Professional Academy. The Salon Professional Academy, which was ranked 67th in the country in 2010, is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, The Salon Professional Academy graduated 46 students from its beauty program.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a beauty program is Regency Beauty Institute-Duluth, which is located in Duluth. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 38 students graduated with certificate in beauty from Regency Beauty Institute-Duluth in 2010. Students at Regency Beauty Institute-Duluth paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Minnesota's beauty schools ranges from $5,319 per year to $4,719 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,823 per year. The Minnesota beauty schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical - located in Winona, students are charged $5,319 per year
- Ridgewater College - located in Willmar, students are charged $5,280 per year
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College - located in Granite Falls, students are charged $5,154 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota beauty schools were charged at the following schools:
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
- Century Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,934 per year
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,974 per year
A beauty certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
Some of the most popular jobs beauty graduates in Minnesota pursue include barber, esthetician, cosmetology instructor, and salon manager. Minnesota had 15,640 beauty professionals in 2010. 9,440 of these beauty professionals were hairdressers, were barbers, and 550 were estheticians. The largest populations of Minnesota beauty professional are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 11,060 beauty professionals
- Becker County - 960 beauty professionals
- Carlton County - 890 beauty professionals
The government projects that the number of beauty professionals in Minnesota will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 23,960 beauty professionals working in Minnesota. The greatest growth for beauty professional is predicted to be amongst Estheticians, who are expected to increase by 38% by 2018.
On average, beauty professionals earn $36,900 per year. But, salaries for beauty professional can vary. In 2010, beauty professional made as little as less than $15,710 per year or as much as more than $103,830 per year in Minnesota. The following counties in Minnesota have the highest average salaries for beauty professionals:
- Blue Earth County - $39,120 per year
- Anoka County - $38,046 per year
- Carlton County - $37,647 per year
The Minnesota counties with the lowest average salary for beauty professionals are:
- Aitkin County - $22,840 per year
- Big Stone County - $26,355 per year
- Dodge County - $32,110 per year
The beauty professionals with highest average salaries in Minnesota were:
- Cosmetology Instructor - $52,990 per year
- Barber - $38,780 per year
- Salon Manager - $35,190 per year
On average, the lowest paid beauty professionals in Minnesota were:
- Esthetician - $31,170 per year
- Hairdresser - $26,370 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in beauty. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as cosmetology or fashion.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Beauty in Minnesota
- Certificate in Beauty in Minnesota
Curious what studying Beauty gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||9,440||$26,370||13.3%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers||3,650||$35,190||-33.4%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||2,000||$52,990||-35.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are beauty related jobs in Minnesota