There are schools offering business degrees in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Minnesota
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a business program is University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Minneapolis. 1,339 students graduated with a degree in business from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 2010. Students at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities paid $12,288 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a business program is Carleton College, which is located in Northfield. In 2010, it was ranked 17th nationwide. Students at Carleton College paid $41,304 per year in tuition fees.
Macalester College, which is located in Saint Paul, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a business program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 26 students graduated from Macalester College business program. Students at Macalester College paid $40,046 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Minnesota's business schools ranges from $41,304 per year to $3,169 per year. But, the average tuition is $13,406 per year. In 2010, the following Minnesota business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Carleton College - located in Northfield, students are charged $41,304 per year
- Macalester College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $40,046 per year
- Gustavus Adolphus College - located in Saint Peter, students are charged $33,500 per year
The business schools in Minnesota that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- White Earth Tribal and Community College - located in Mahnomen, students are charged $3,169 per year
- Pine Technical College - located in Pine City, students are charged $3,728 per year
- Leech Lake Tribal College - located in Cass Lake, students are charged $4,430 per year
A business degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Many Minnesota business graduates become a chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. Minnesota had 110,170 business professionals in 2010. 9,230 of these business professionals were business analysts, 5,460 were chief executive officers, and 30,150 were operations managers. In Minnesota, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 81,770 business professionals
- Brown County - 4,870 business professionals
- Becker County - 4,690 business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of business professionals is expected to grow by 11% by 2018. There are projected to be 122,970 business professionals working in Minnesota then. Of these 122,970 business professionals, the government predicts that 14,790 will be business analysts, 4,990 will be chief executive officers, and 29,960 will be operations managers.
business professionals in Minnesota earn $83,015 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Minnesota business professional earned as little as less than $24,960 per year or as much as more than $162,040 per year. Business professionals in the following Minnesota counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Dodge County - $86,975 per year
- Anoka County - $86,511 per year
- Blue Earth County - $79,790 per year
The following counties in Minnesota have the lowest average salaries for business professional:
- Aitkin County - $69,463 per year
- Big Stone County - $70,803 per year
- Becker County - $72,762 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in Minnesota were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $172,350 per year
- Financial Manager - $118,000 per year
- Human Resources Manager - $112,380 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in Minnesota were:
- Cost Estimator - $58,670 per year
- Credit Counselor - $39,800 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Business in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Minnesota
- Certificate in Business in Minnesota
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||30,150||$109,320||-11.1%|
|Accountants and Auditors||21,940||$62,120||-6.8%|
|Administrative Services Managers||5,820||$82,070||32.6%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||2,780||$67,670||98.6%|
|Human Resources Managers||2,330||$112,380|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||1,300||$69,190||-19.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Minnesota