There are schools offering carpentry programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Carpentry Programs in Minnesota
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a carpentry program is Alexandria Technical & Community College. Alexandria Technical & Community College, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Alexandria. 15 students graduated with a certificate in carpentry from Alexandria Technical & Community College in 2010. Tuition at Alexandria Technical & Community College was $5,555 per year.
Ridgewater College, which is located in Willmar, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a carpentry program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ridgewater College graduated 6 students from its carpentry program. Ridgewater College charged in-state students $5,280 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a carpentry program is Summit Academy Opportunities Industrialization Center. Summit Academy Opportunities Industrialization Center, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Minneapolis. 115 students graduated with certificate in carpentry from Summit Academy Opportunities Industrialization Center in 2010. Students at Summit Academy Opportunities Industrialization Center paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Minnesota's carpentry schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $4,725 per year, though tuition can range from $5,555 per year to $4,430 per year. In 2010, the following Minnesota carpentry schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Alexandria Technical & Community College - located in Alexandria, students are charged $5,555 per year
- Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical - located in Winona, students are charged $5,319 per year
- Dakota County Technical College - located in Rosemount, students are charged $5,298 per year
The carpentry schools in Minnesota that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Leech Lake Tribal College - located in Cass Lake, students are charged $4,430 per year
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
A carpentry certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota carpentry graduates become carpenters. If you decide to work as a carpenter in Minnesota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 12,200 Minnesota carpenters as of 2010. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of carpenters are:
- Anoka County - 6,810 carpenters
- Becker County - 1,550 carpenters
- Brown County - 810 carpenters
The government projects that the number of carpenters in Minnesota will grow by 4%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 25,000 carpenters working in Minnesota.
A carpenter in Minnesota earns $46,250 per year on average. But, salaries for carpenters can vary. In 2010, carpenters made as little as less than $23,240 per year or as much as more than $74,430 per year in Minnesota. A carpenter in the following Minnesota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Anoka County - $51,390 per year
- Dodge County - $46,400 per year
- Carlton County - $45,310 per year
The Minnesota counties with the lowest average salary for carpenters are:
- Big Stone County - $35,470 per year
- Becker County - $35,900 per year
- Benton County - $38,030 per year
For more data regarding a career in carpentry in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as locksmithing or plumbing, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Carpentry in Minnesota
- Certificate in Carpentry in Minnesota
Curious what studying Carpentry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Cabinetmakers and Bench Carpenters||2,120||$34,900||-47.0%|
|Woodworkers, All Other||120||$30,660||-20.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are carpentry related jobs in Minnesota