There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Minnesota
Aveda Institute, which is located in Minneapolis, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 65th in the country in 2010. 412 students graduated with a certificate in cosmetology from Aveda Institute in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a cosmetology program is The Salon Professional Academy, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 67th nationwide. In 2010, 46 students graduated from The Salon Professional Academy cosmetology program.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a cosmetology program is Regency Beauty Institute-Duluth, which is located in Duluth. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. In 2010, Regency Beauty Institute-Duluth graduated 38 students from its cosmetology programs. Students at Regency Beauty Institute-Duluth paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Minnesota's cosmetology schools ranges from $5,319 per year to $4,719 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,823 per year. In 2010, the cosmetology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical - located in Winona, students are charged $5,319 per year
- Ridgewater College - located in Willmar, students are charged $5,280 per year
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College - located in Granite Falls, students are charged $5,154 per year
The cosmetology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
- Century Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,934 per year
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,974 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of cosmetology graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as a cosmetologist. If you decide to work as a cosmetologist in Minnesota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,440 Minnesota cosmetologists as of 2010. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of cosmetologists are:
- Anoka County - 6,990 cosmetologists
- Becker County - 550 cosmetologists
- Carlton County - 480 cosmetologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of cosmetologists is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 17,090 cosmetologists working in the Minnesota then.
A cosmetologist in Minnesota earns $26,370 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. cosmetologists in Minnesota had varying salaries from $15,710 to $43,500 per year in 2010. The counties in Minnesota with the highest average salary for a cosmetologist are:
- Dodge County - $27,700 per year
- Anoka County - $26,990 per year
- Carlton County - $25,770 per year
The following counties in Minnesota have the lowest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Brown County - $22,040 per year
- Aitkin County - $22,260 per year
- Big Stone County - $24,070 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Minnesota
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Minnesota
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||9,440||$26,370||13.3%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||830||$22,890||-56.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Minnesota