There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Minnesota
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Minnesota receive dental assisting certificates every year. That means an estimated 361 dental assistants graduate from Minnesota's 13 dental assistant schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota with a dental assistant program is Herzing University, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 3 students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from Herzing University in 2010. Tuition at Herzing University was $10,909 per year.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a dental assistant program is Minnesota West Community and Technical College. Minnesota West Community and Technical College, which was ranked 79th in the country in 2010, is located in Granite Falls. 13 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from Minnesota West Community and Technical College in 2010. Minnesota West Community and Technical College charged in-state students $5,154 in tuition fees per year.
Central Lakes College-Brainerd, which is located in Brainerd, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a dental assistant program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 18 students graduated from Central Lakes College-Brainerd dental assistant program. The tuition rate at Central Lakes College-Brainerd was $5,255 per year.
Dental assistant schools in Minnesota, charge students an average tuition of $5,469 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $10,909 per year, or as little as $4,630 per year. The Minnesota dental assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Herzing University - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $10,909 per year
- Dakota County Technical College - located in Rosemount, students are charged $5,298 per year
- Central Lakes College-Brainerd - located in Brainerd, students are charged $5,255 per year
The dental assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
- Hibbing Community College-A Technical and Community College - located in Hibbing, students are charged $4,845 per year
- South Central College - located in Mankato, students are charged $4,910 per year
A dental assistant certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of dental assistant graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as a dental assistant. In 2010, there were 5,320 dental assistants working in Minnesota. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of dental assistants are:
- Anoka County - 3,300 dental assistants
- Becker County - 460 dental assistants
- Brown County - 380 dental assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,820 dental assistants will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of dental assistants to grow by 28%.
On average, dental assistants earn $41,170 per year. In 2010, however, some Minnesota dental assistants earned as little as less than $23,300 per year or as much as more than $53,550 per year. The following counties in Minnesota have the highest average salaries for dental assistants:
- Anoka County - $42,660 per year
- Blue Earth County - $41,160 per year
- Benton County - $41,100 per year
A dental assistant in the following counties in Minnesota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Becker County - $35,780 per year
- Carlton County - $36,450 per year
- Aitkin County - $36,570 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental assisting in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Assisting in Minnesota
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Minnesota
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||1,010||$46,240||-34.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Minnesota