There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in Minnesota
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which is located in Minneapolis, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. 27 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 2010. Tuition at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities was $12,288 per year.
Minnesota State University-Mankato, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Mankato. In 2010, 47 students graduated from Minnesota State University-Mankato dental hygienist program. Students at Minnesota State University-Mankato paid $6,725 per year in tuition fees.
Herzing University, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a dental hygienist program. It is located in Minneapolis. 33 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Herzing University in 2010. Tuition at Herzing University was $10,909 per year.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota dental hygienist school, average tuition will be $7,767 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,608 per year to $19,812 per year. The Minnesota dental hygienist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Argosy University-Twin Cities - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $19,812 per year
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $12,288 per year
- Herzing University - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $10,909 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $4,920 per year
- Century Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,934 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental hygienist school in Minnesota go on to work as a dental hygienist. 4,130 dental hygienists were working in Minnesota in 2010. The largest populations of Minnesota dental hygienists are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 2,730 dental hygienists
- Becker County - 300 dental hygienists
- Brown County - 230 dental hygienists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental hygienists is expected to grow by 28% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,420 dental hygienists working in the Minnesota then.
A dental hygienist in Minnesota makes an average of $70,560 per year. In 2010, however, some Minnesota dental hygienists earned as little as less than $32,990 per year or as much as more than $88,110 per year. On average a dental hygienist earns the most in the following Minnesota counties:
- Anoka County - $73,690 per year
- Blue Earth County - $71,600 per year
- Aitkin County - $67,190 per year
The Minnesota counties with the lowest average salary for dental hygienists are:
- Carlton County - $60,070 per year
- Becker County - $61,840 per year
- Dodge County - $63,870 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in dental hygiene and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Dental Hygiene in Minnesota
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in Minnesota