There are schools offering design programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Minnesota
The top-ranked school in Minnesota with a design program is University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, 135 students graduated from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities' design program. Students at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities paid $12,288 per year in tuition fees.
University of Minnesota-Duluth, which is located in Duluth, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a design program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Minnesota-Duluth graduated 50 students from its design program. Students at University of Minnesota-Duluth paid $11,808 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a design program is Minneapolis College of Art and Design, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 36th nationwide. In 2010, Minneapolis College of Art and Design graduated 69 students from its design programs. Tuition at Minneapolis College of Art and Design was $29,700 per year.
Design schools in Minnesota, charge students an average tuition of $12,469 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,168 per year, or as little as $4,630 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Minnesota design schools were charged at the following schools:
- St. Catherine University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,168 per year
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $29,700 per year
- Concordia University-Saint Paul - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $27,400 per year
The design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
- Hibbing Community College-A Technical and Community College - located in Hibbing, students are charged $4,845 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion design or drafting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Minnesota
- Certificate in Design in Minnesota
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||650||$53,040||4.8%|
|Designers, All Other||490||$52,350||113.0%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||160||$45,550||128.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Minnesota