There are schools offering early childhood education certificates in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Early Childhood Education Programs in Minnesota
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Michigan
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in North Dakota
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Iowa
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in South Dakota
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Nebraska
- Early Childhood Education Certificates in Wisconsin
- See All Schools in Minnesota
Around 0.3% of Minnesota's graduates graduate from early childhood education degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 491 early childhood education professionals graduate from Minnesota's 20 early childhood education schools.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota with a early childhood education program is University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, it was ranked 14th nationwide. In 2010, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities graduated 33 students from its early childhood education program. The tuition rate at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities was $12,288 per year.
University of Minnesota-Duluth, which is located in Duluth, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a early childhood education program. It received a ranking of 36th in the country in 2010. 19 students graduated with degree in early childhood education from University of Minnesota-Duluth in 2010. University of Minnesota-Duluth charged in-state students $11,808 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a early childhood education program is Concordia University-Saint Paul. Concordia University-Saint Paul, which was ranked 42nd in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, 87 students graduated from Concordia University-Saint Paul early childhood education program. The tuition rate at Concordia University-Saint Paul was $27,400 per year.
Early childhood education schools in Minnesota, charge students an average tuition of $10,645 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $27,400 per year, or as little as $3,169 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Minnesota early childhood education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Concordia University-Saint Paul - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $27,400 per year
- Northwestern College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $24,570 per year
- Crown College - located in Saint Bonifacius, students are charged $20,870 per year
The following Minnesota early childhood education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- White Earth Tribal and Community College - located in Mahnomen, students are charged $3,169 per year
- Leech Lake Tribal College - located in Cass Lake, students are charged $4,430 per year
- Itasca Community College - located in Grand Rapids, students are charged $4,852 per year
An early childhood education degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Many Minnesota early childhood education graduates become a kindergarten teacher, elementary school teacher, and preschool director. In 2010, there were 38,300 early childhood education professional working in Minnesota, including 7,230 preschool teachers, 3,390 kindergarten teachers, and 26,740 elementary school teachers. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of early childhood education professional are:
- Anoka County - 24,390 early childhood education professionals
- Becker County - 3,530 early childhood education professionals
- Brown County - 2,870 early childhood education professionals
The government projects that the number of early childhood education professionals in Minnesota will grow by 8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 43,170 early childhood education professionals working in Minnesota. The greatest growth for early childhood education professional is predicted to be amongst Preschool Teachers, who are expected to increase by 11% by 2018.
On average, early childhood education professionals earn $45,393 per year. However, Minnesota early childhood education professional earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,750 per year to more than $89,500 per year in 2010. The counties in Minnesota with the highest average salary for early childhood education professionals are:
- Carlton County - $46,675 per year
- Anoka County - $46,400 per year
- Aitkin County - $46,067 per year
Early childhood education professionals in the following counties in Minnesota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Dodge County - $41,305 per year
- Becker County - $41,958 per year
- Blue Earth County - $42,055 per year
The early childhood education professionals with highest average salaries in Minnesota were:
- Elementary School Teacher - $54,040 per year
- Kindergarten Teacher - $51,190 per year
- Preschool Director - $44,030 per year
The early childhood education professionals with lowest average salaries in Minnesota were:
- Preschool Director - $44,030 per year
- Preschool Teacher - $32,310 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in early childhood education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as early childhood education or .
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Early Childhood Education in Minnesota
Curious what studying Early Childhood Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||26,740||$54,040||16.3%|
|Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education||7,230||$32,310||11.4%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,390||$51,190||71.2%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||940||$44,030||32.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are early childhood education related jobs in Minnesota