There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Minnesota
Approximately 1.5% of graduates in of Minnesota receive educational leadership degrees every year. That means an estimated 2,788 educational leadership professonals graduate from Minnesota's 21 educational leadership schools each year.
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which is located in Minneapolis, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 14th in the country in 2010. 119 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from University of Minnesota-Twin Cities in 2010. Students at University of Minnesota-Twin Cities paid $12,288 per year in tuition fees.
The College of Saint Scholastica, which is located in Duluth, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with degree in educational leadership from The College of Saint Scholastica in 2010. The College of Saint Scholastica charged in-state students $28,374 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a educational leadership program is University of Minnesota-Duluth. University of Minnesota-Duluth, which was ranked 36th in the country in 2010, is located in Duluth. The tuition rate at University of Minnesota-Duluth was $11,808 per year.
Tuition at Minnesota's educational leadership schools ranges from $30,493 per year to $4,845 per year. But, the average tuition is $15,784 per year. The Minnesota educational leadership schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of St Thomas - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,493 per year
- St. Catherine University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,168 per year
- Augsburg College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $28,864 per year
The following Minnesota educational leadership schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Hibbing Community College-A Technical and Community College - located in Hibbing, students are charged $4,845 per year
- Rochester Community and Technical College - located in Rochester, students are charged $5,159 per year
- Ridgewater College - located in Willmar, students are charged $5,280 per year
An educational leadership degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Many Minnesota educational leadership graduates become a preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. If you decide to work as an educational leadership professonal in Minnesota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,740 Minnesota educational leadership professonal as of 2010. This number includes 2,840 middle school principals, 940 preschool directors, and 2,050 deans. The following counties have the largest number of Minnesota educational leadership professonals:
- Anoka County - 4,510 educational leadership professonals
- Brown County - 520 educational leadership professonals
- Carlton County - 450 educational leadership professonals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 6,970 educational leadership professonals will be working in Minnesota. This would require the number of educational leadership professonal to grow by 3%.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn a salary of $74,038 per year in Minnesota state. However, this number is only an average. Educational leadership professonal in Minnesota had varying salaries from $24,170 to $159,580 per year in 2010. The counties in Minnesota with the highest average salary for educational leadership professonals are:
- Blue Earth County - $87,190 per year
- Benton County - $80,427 per year
- Aitkin County - $79,220 per year
Educational leadership professonals in the following counties in Minnesota make the lowest salaries on average:
- Big Stone County - $62,835 per year
- Becker County - $68,353 per year
- Carlton County - $69,200 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Minnesota were:
- Middle School Principal - $93,110 per year
- Dean - $80,540 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $78,470 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in Minnesota were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $78,470 per year
- Preschool Director - $44,030 per year
For more data regarding a career in educational leadership in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Educational Leadership in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Leadership in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Minnesota
- Certificate in Educational Leadership in Minnesota
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||2,840||$93,110||-16.7%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||2,050||$80,540||19.2%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||940||$44,030||32.4%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||910||$78,470||62.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Minnesota