There are schools offering electrician courses in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Electrician Training Programs in Minnesota
Minnesota West Community and Technical College, which was ranked 79th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a electrician program. It is located in Granite Falls. In 2010, Minnesota West Community and Technical College graduated 91 students from its electrician program. Students at Minnesota West Community and Technical College paid $5,154 per year in tuition fees.
Dunwoody College of Technology, which is located in Minneapolis, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a electrician program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Dunwoody College of Technology graduated 44 students from its electrician program. Students at Dunwoody College of Technology paid $15,575 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a electrician program is Ridgewater College, which is located in Willmar. In 2010, it was ranked 81st nationwide. In 2010, Ridgewater College graduated 18 students from its electrician programs. Ridgewater College charged in-state students $5,280 in tuition fees per year.
Electrician schools in Minnesota, charge students an average tuition of $5,618 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $15,575 per year, or as little as $4,430 per year. The Minnesota electrician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Dunwoody College of Technology - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $15,575 per year
- Dakota County Technical College - located in Rosemount, students are charged $5,298 per year
- Ridgewater College - located in Willmar, students are charged $5,280 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota electrician schools were charged at the following schools:
- Leech Lake Tribal College - located in Cass Lake, students are charged $4,430 per year
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
An electrician certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota electrician graduates become electricians. In 2010, there were 9,270 electricians working in Minnesota. The largest populations of Minnesota electricians are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 4,850 electricians
- Brown County - 900 electricians
- Carlton County - 800 electricians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of electricians in the state of Minnesota will grow to 11,820. This would require a 2% growth in the profession.
An electrician in Minnesota earns $58,380 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Minnesota electricians earned as little as less than $26,900 per year or as much as more than $83,760 per year. The counties in Minnesota with the highest average salary for an electrician are:
- Carlton County - $63,530 per year
- Anoka County - $63,410 per year
- Dodge County - $57,770 per year
The following counties in Minnesota have the lowest average salaries for electricians:
- Big Stone County - $44,430 per year
- Brown County - $49,320 per year
- Benton County - $49,660 per year
For more data regarding a career in electrician training in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or HVAC, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Electrician Training in Minnesota
- Certificate in Electrician Training in Minnesota
Curious what studying Electrician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technicians||3,080||$54,470||-21.4%|
|Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers||2,730||$63,230||76.1%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment||610||$55,140||-3.2%|
|Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay||170||$66,090||-34.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are electrician related jobs in Minnesota