There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Minnesota
Approximately 0.6% of graduates in of Minnesota receive elementary education degrees every year. That means an estimated 1,103 elementary educators graduate from Minnesota's 28 elementary education schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a elementary education program is University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, which was ranked 14th in the country in 2010, is located in Minneapolis. In 2010, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities graduated 130 students from its elementary education program. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities charged in-state students $12,288 in tuition fees per year.
College of Saint Benedict, which is located in Saint Joseph, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. 40 students graduated with degree in elementary education from College of Saint Benedict in 2010. Tuition at College of Saint Benedict was $32,246 per year.
Saint Johns University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a elementary education program. It is located in Collegeville. 6 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Saint Johns University in 2010. Saint Johns University charged in-state students $31,576 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Minnesota's elementary education schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $17,422 per year, though tuition can range from $32,246 per year to $4,934 per year. In 2010, the elementary education schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- College of Saint Benedict - located in Saint Joseph, students are charged $32,246 per year
- Saint Johns University - located in Collegeville, students are charged $31,576 per year
- University of St Thomas - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,493 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Century Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,934 per year
- Normandale Community College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $5,125 per year
- Metropolitan State University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $5,923 per year
An elementary education degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in Minnesota go on to work as an elementary educator. 26,740 elementary educators were working in Minnesota in 2010. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of elementary educators are:
- Anoka County - 16,490 elementary educators
- Becker County - 2,700 elementary educators
- Brown County - 2,270 elementary educators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 29,410 elementary educators will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of elementary educators to grow by 8%.
On average, an elementary educator earns a salary of $54,040 per year in Minnesota state. However, this number is only an average. elementary educators in Minnesota had varying salaries from $30,330 to $86,860 per year in 2010. On average an elementary educator earns the most in the following Minnesota counties:
- Anoka County - $56,540 per year
- Aitkin County - $52,810 per year
- Benton County - $51,250 per year
The Minnesota counties with the lowest average salary for elementary educators are:
- Dodge County - $47,110 per year
- Becker County - $47,950 per year
- Big Stone County - $50,240 per year
For more data regarding a career in elementary education in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Minnesota
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Elementary Education in Minnesota
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||26,740||$54,040||16.3%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||5,530||$53,630||-8.9%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||3,390||$51,190||71.2%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||2,840||$93,110||-16.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Minnesota