There are schools offering EMT training in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Emergency Medical Training Programs in Minnesota
Around 0.2% of Minnesota's graduates graduate from emergency medical training certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 328 emergency medical technicians graduate from Minnesota's 12 EMT schools each year.
Ridgewater College, which was ranked 81st nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a EMT program. It is located in Willmar. 15 students graduated with a certificate in EMT from Ridgewater College in 2010. The tuition rate at Ridgewater College was $5,280 per year.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a EMT program is Central Lakes College-Brainerd. Central Lakes College-Brainerd, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Brainerd. The tuition rate at Central Lakes College-Brainerd was $5,255 per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a EMT program is St. Cloud Technical and Community College. St. Cloud Technical and Community College, which was ranked 83rd in the country in 2010, is located in Saint Cloud. 16 students graduated with certificate in EMT from St. Cloud Technical and Community College in 2010. The tuition rate at St. Cloud Technical and Community College was $4,920 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Minnesota's EMT schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,010 per year, though tuition can range from $5,280 per year to $4,630 per year. In 2010, the EMT schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Minnesota were:
- Ridgewater College - located in Willmar, students are charged $5,280 per year
- Central Lakes College-Brainerd - located in Brainerd, students are charged $5,255 per year
- Rochester Community and Technical College - located in Rochester, students are charged $5,159 per year
The EMT schools in Minnesota that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Hennepin Technical College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $4,630 per year
- Vermilion Community College - located in Ely, students are charged $4,874 per year
- South Central College - located in Mankato, students are charged $4,910 per year
An EMT certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of EMT graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as an emergency medical technician. Minnesota had 4,240 emergency medical technicians in 2010. The Minnesota counties with the largest populations of emergency medical technicians are:
- Anoka County - 1,390 emergency medical technicians
- Becker County - 700 emergency medical technicians
- Big Stone County - 690 emergency medical technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of emergency medical technicians is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,030 emergency medical technicians working in the Minnesota then.
On average, an emergency medical technician earns a salary of $32,340 per year in Minnesota state. In 2010, however, some Minnesota emergency medical technicians earned as little as less than $15,930 per year or as much as more than $58,060 per year. On average an emergency medical technician earns the most in the following Minnesota counties:
- Anoka County - $39,130 per year
- Dodge County - $34,380 per year
- Becker County - $31,400 per year
On average, emergency medical technicians earns the least in the following Minnesota counties:
- Big Stone County - $26,200 per year
- Carlton County - $26,970 per year
- Brown County - $27,670 per year
For more data regarding a career in emergency medical training in Minnesota and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or paramedic, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Emergency Medical Training in Minnesota
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Training in Minnesota
Curious what studying EMT gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||4,240||$32,340||6.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are EMT related jobs in Minnesota