There are schools offering health information programs in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Health Information Programs in Minnesota
Around 0.2% of Minnesota's graduates graduate from health information degree programs every year. That means an estimated 352 health information technicians graduate from Minnesota's 15 health information schools each year.
St. Catherine University, which is located in Saint Paul, is the top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a health information program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 8 students graduated from St. Catherine University's health information program. St. Catherine University charged in-state students $30,168 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota with a health information program is Alexandria Technical & Community College, which is located in Alexandria. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. 7 students graduated with degree in health information from Alexandria Technical & Community College in 2010. Tuition at Alexandria Technical & Community College was $5,555 per year.
The third-ranked school in Minnesota with a health information program is Brown College, which is located in Saint Paul. In 2010, it was ranked 79th nationwide. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Brown College health information program. The tuition rate at Brown College was $15,921 per year.
Tuition at Minnesota's health information schools ranges from $30,168 per year to $4,608 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,650 per year. The Minnesota health information schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- St. Catherine University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,168 per year
- Brown College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $15,921 per year
- Duluth Business University - located in Duluth, students are charged $15,785 per year
The following Minnesota health information schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Lake Superior College - located in Duluth, students are charged $4,608 per year
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
- St. Cloud Technical and Community College - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $4,920 per year
A health information degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota health information graduates become health information technicians. 3,860 health information technicians were working in Minnesota in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Minnesota health information technicians:
- Anoka County - 2,530 health information technicians
- Becker County - 270 health information technicians
- Brown County - 260 health information technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of health information technicians is expected to grow by 21% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,660 health information technicians working in the Minnesota then.
A health information technician in Minnesota earns $38,390 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Minnesota health information technicians earned as little as less than $21,500 per year or as much as more than $58,400 per year. The following counties in Minnesota have the highest average salaries for health information technicians:
- Dodge County - $45,940 per year
- Anoka County - $39,410 per year
- Benton County - $37,050 per year
The Minnesota counties with the lowest average salary for health information technicians are:
- Big Stone County - $32,180 per year
- Carlton County - $32,850 per year
- Brown County - $34,820 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in health information. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical coding.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Health Information in Minnesota
- Certificate in Health Information in Minnesota
Curious what studying Health Information gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||3,860||$38,390||4.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are health information related jobs in Minnesota