There are schools offering medical coding classess in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Minnesota
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Minnesota students graduate with certificates in medical coding. In other words, every year an estimated 192 medical coders graduate from Minnesota's 17 medical coding schools.
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a medical coding program is Herzing University. Herzing University, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Minneapolis. 3 students graduated with a certificate in medical coding from Herzing University in 2010. The tuition rate at Herzing University was $10,909 per year.
St. Catherine University, which is located in Saint Paul, is the second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a medical coding program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. St. Catherine University charged in-state students $30,168 in tuition fees per year.
Academy College, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a medical coding program. It is located in Minneapolis. The tuition rate at Academy College was $19,095 per year.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota medical coding school, average tuition will be $9,523 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,719 per year to $30,168 per year. The Minnesota medical coding schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- St. Catherine University - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,168 per year
- Academy College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $19,095 per year
- Rasmussen College-Minnesota - located in Saint Cloud, students are charged $15,180 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Minnesota medical coding schools were charged at the following schools:
- Saint Paul College - A Community and Technical College - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $4,719 per year
- Hibbing Community College-A Technical and Community College - located in Hibbing, students are charged $4,845 per year
- South Central College - located in Mankato, students are charged $4,910 per year
A medical coding certificate from a Minnesota school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical coding graduates in Minnesota pursue careers as a medical coder. If you decide to work as a medical coder in Minnesota, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,860 Minnesota medical coders as of 2010. The largest populations of Minnesota medical coders are working in the following counties:
- Anoka County - 2,530 medical coders
- Becker County - 270 medical coders
- Brown County - 260 medical coders
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 4,660 medical coders will be working in Minnesota state. This would require the number of medical coders to grow by 21%.
On average, medical coders earn $38,390 per year. But, salaries for medical coders can vary. In 2010, medical coders made as little as less than $21,500 per year or as much as more than $58,400 per year in Minnesota. A medical coder in the following Minnesota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Dodge County - $45,940 per year
- Anoka County - $39,410 per year
- Benton County - $37,050 per year
On average, medical coders earns the least in the following Minnesota counties:
- Big Stone County - $32,180 per year
- Carlton County - $32,850 per year
- Brown County - $34,820 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in medical coding and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Coding in Minnesota
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Minnesota
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||3,860||$38,390||4.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Minnesota