There are schools offering ministry degrees in Minnesota!
Schools Offering Ministry Programs in Minnesota
The top-ranked school in Minnesota that has a ministry program is Saint Johns University. Saint Johns University, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Collegeville. 9 students graduated with a degree in ministry from Saint Johns University in 2010. The tuition rate at Saint Johns University was $31,576 per year.
The second-ranked school in Minnesota that has a ministry program is The College of Saint Scholastica. The College of Saint Scholastica, which was ranked 32nd in the country in 2010, is located in Duluth. The College of Saint Scholastica charged in-state students $28,374 in tuition fees per year.
Augsburg College, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Minnesota that has a ministry program. It is located in Minneapolis. 6 students graduated with degree in ministry from Augsburg College in 2010. Tuition at Augsburg College was $28,864 per year.
If you choose to attend a Minnesota ministry school, average tuition will be $18,886 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $14,400 per year to $31,576 per year. The Minnesota ministry schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Saint Johns University - located in Collegeville, students are charged $31,576 per year
- University of St Thomas - located in Saint Paul, students are charged $30,493 per year
- Augsburg College - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $28,864 per year
The ministry schools in Minnesota that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Oak Hills Christian College - located in Bemidji, students are charged $14,400 per year
- Crossroads College - located in Rochester, students are charged $14,745 per year
- North Central University - located in Minneapolis, students are charged $16,340 per year
A ministry degree from a Minnesota school... what next?
A large number of Minnesota ministry graduates become ministers. In 2010, there were 690 ministers working in Minnesota. The following counties have the largest number of Minnesota ministers:
- Anoka County - 430 ministers
- Carlton County - 50 ministers
- Brown County - 50 ministers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of ministers in the state of Minnesota will grow to 16,080. This would require a 10% growth in the profession.
On average, ministers earn $43,830 per year. However, this number is only an average. ministers in Minnesota had varying salaries from $22,690 to $77,770 per year in 2010. A minister in the following Minnesota counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Brown County - $48,920 per year
- Benton County - $48,660 per year
- Carlton County - $46,420 per year
The Minnesota counties with the lowest average salary for ministers are:
- Anoka County - $41,680 per year
- Becker County - $46,060 per year
- Carlton County - $46,420 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Minnesota statistics regarding a career in ministry and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as christian counseling or theology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Ministry in Minnesota
- Master's Degree in Ministry in Minnesota
- Doctoral Degree in Ministry in Minnesota
Curious what studying Ministry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Minnesota
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Directors, Religious Activities and Education||280||$50,290||100.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ministry related jobs in Minnesota